English Sausages

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of
Default English Sausages

Tonight, over dinner, my 11 year old announced that he no longer wanted to go home (to the UK). As you can imagine I was ecstatic and asked him what had changed his mind. With a mouth full of dinner, he replied "you've brought home to NZ, these sausages are just like home!"

I had converted myself to New Zealand Sausages and was even beginning to like them when I happened upon a butchers on Parton Road in Papamoa, Tauranga and there was Doug Jarvis selling Sausages - all different types - Lincolnshire, Cumberland, traditional Pork AND Non-smoked back Bacon.

I was like a kid in a sweet shop.

Sausages for tea and a promise to the kids of real Bacon sandwiches for breakfast.

It's been great to have a proper sausage - don't compromise, for the locals, travel to Papamoa and for others contact www.mysausages.com.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Sausages

Oh lucky you!! I miss proper Lincolnshire sausages..... I'v finally found a decent butcher up in Botany.... but the other eve I was in Countdown and saw a joint of beef on offer.... looked good so I cooked it the next day and it was the most disgusting beef ever. I dont know what they did to it but it tasted foul, and looked really odd... it was really salty and tasted like a cross between ham and beef. I just hated it and I put it out in the rubbish today and of course now every cat in the neighbourhood is pulling my bags apart, bits of meat all over the ground.... hope they like it more than I did!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

jaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
Tonight, over dinner, my 11 year old announced that he no longer wanted to go home (to the UK). As you can imagine I was ecstatic and asked him what had changed his mind. With a mouth full of dinner, he replied "you've brought home to NZ, these sausages are just like home!"

I had converted myself to New Zealand Sausages and was even beginning to like them when I happened upon a butchers on Parton Road in Papamoa, Tauranga and there was Doug Jarvis selling Sausages - all different types - Lincolnshire, Cumberland, traditional Pork AND Non-smoked back Bacon.

Sausages for tea and a promise to the kids of real Bacon sandwiches for breakfast.

It's been great to have a proper sausage - don't compromise, for the locals, travel to Papamoa and for others contact www.mysausages.com.

Hi

Have you found the mince very fine as OH thinks it's horrible Is it better to buy best mince or other?
Jan
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaybirdjan
Hi

Have you found the mince very fine as OH thinks it's horrible Is it better to buy best mince or other?
Jan
Get steak mince from your local butcher
Cheap & delicious
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Get steak mince from your local butcher
Cheap & delicious
It is! ... and its very lean too.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

I must admit I have taken a liking to the following here -

Lime & Chilli flavoured pork sausages (Countdown)

Venison Sausages (countdown) - definately grill em as there plenty of fat

Chicken sausages (Mad Butcher)
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:38 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

We like:
Tegal chicken sausages
Venison sausages from New World (2 votes for them then )
Lamb & mint sausages from New World.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

GailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really nice

Originally Posted by Liz & Co

Thanks Liz!!!

Glad you enjoyed Doug's sausages, wait until you taste the bacom....yum!!!

Your kind comments have been placed on the website, others can put their comments on too!!!

Thanks again

Gail (Doug Jarvis Family Butchers wife)
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future

And free delivery in Papamoa!

Best bangers for 2 years!

Keep 'em comin Doug.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:41 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GailJarvis
Thanks Liz!!!

Your kind comments have been placed on the website, others can put their comments on too!!!

Thanks again

Hi Gail

Have you & Doug figured a way of sharing your fayres with the rest of NZ yet??
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: English Sausages

Hey Sara are your sure that your "ODD" looking joint of beef wasnt actually corned beef? It looks like a roast but is actually done in a brine and yes its salty. If this is what you ended up with all is not lost (well except the one ya had to chuck out because a roasted corned beef is disgusting it holds the salt you see.
This is the method for conrned beef

Place in a large saucepan with a couple of tablespoons golden syrup peppercorns and some bayleaves and a sliced onion and cover with water. This needs to be bought to the boil and then simmered for a couple of hours depending on the size. Its lovely served with cabbage mashed spuds and carrots (the carrots can be cooked in with the meat) And there is a recipe in the edmonds cookery book for a mustard sauce to have with it that uses some of the water that the meat is cooked in its very yummy. Now cornd beef does seem like a cross between ham and beef and is lovely cold in sandwiches.
Its nothing like the squashed up tinned corned beef that you get in the UK.
If this is what you cooked instead of ordinary beef give it another go because it really is nice......or buy a few slices cold from the deli to give it a try......Happy cooking yummy Lincolnshire sausages how can we get some to Nelson lol..Have a great day
Cheers
Cally
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:47 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Liz!!!

Thanks again

Hi Gail,

What did you call the shop in the end?!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future

Thanks Liz!!!

Thanks again

Just finished my bacon sarnie.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hi Gail

Have you & Doug figured a way of sharing your fayres with the rest of NZ yet??
You read my mind
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:35 am
Just Joined

GailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEVS here
You read my mind
Sorry to disappoint but chose something simple for the shop name.....something you could take with you if you moved to bigger and better premises (you never know).

DOUG JARVIS FAMILY BUTCHER

Sammymac - have you sampled Dougs sausage and bacon then?? He has me working in there every Saturday, flippin six day week now I work!!!

Anyone who comes in on a Saturday from the forum, please introduce yourselves!!

Take care
Gail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.