Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

English Football Idiots

English Football Idiots

Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Spudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really nice
Default English Football Idiots

I had the mis fortune of having breakfast with my family this morning in a cafe in Browns Bay, North Shore Auckland, not 3 feet from a family of English Football idiots. All were wearing their English football tops and all were being loud and proud to the Asian staff and all the passers by. I would love to know as to who these Ar*@holes are. I didn't leave the Highlands of Scotland to be confronted by these types of low life. I can only assume that these are the same people who by Walkers crisps and Pot Noodles from the various English shops knocking about the Auckland area.

We should have a new game on Expats. For example, spotting some clown in an England Top , 10 Points.

Some clown in an England top with a Bull Terrier : 20 Points. ( There is a guy in Browns Bay who does just this.)

I felt totally embarrassed to be British. Not a nice feeling when I have completed 22 Years in HM Forces, 4 Tours in Iraq, 1 in Afghan, 1 in Kosovo and numerous others in between, and that i'm now serving within the NZDF.

Anyone else been subjected to this mentality ??
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:02 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Football Idiots

Originally Posted by Spudgun
I had the mis fortune of having breakfast with my family this morning in a cafe in Browns Bay, North Shore Auckland, not 3 feet from a family of English Football idiots. All were wearing their English football tops and all were being loud and proud to the Asian staff and all the passers by. I would love to know as to who these Ar*@holes are. I didn't leave the Highlands of Scotland to be confronted by these types of low life. I can only assume that these are the same people who by Walkers crisps and Pot Noodles from the various English shops knocking about the Auckland area.

We should have a new game on Expats. For example, spotting some clown in an England Top , 10 Points.

Some clown in an England top with a Bull Terrier : 20 Points. ( There is a guy in Browns Bay who does just this.)

I felt totally embarrassed to be British. Not a nice feeling when I have completed 22 Years in HM Forces, 4 Tours in Iraq, 1 in Afghan, 1 in Kosovo and numerous others in between, and that i'm now serving within the NZDF.

Plenty here in Australia, including Scot's. A young policeman is in hospital, not sure if he will walk or even be able to talk properly again because a Scotsman head butted him from behind while his drunken father was beating him, although unsuccessfully, about the face.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Spudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really nice
Smile Re: English Football Idiots

mmmmm, interesting reply from someone sporting a British bulldog icon. I rest my case. Should I contact the MOD right now and hand my 6 service medals back. ?? Eh !!! No.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:30 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

mmmmm, interesting reply from someone sporting a British bulldog icon. I rest my case. Should I contact the MOD right now and hand my 6 service medals back. ?? Eh !!! No.
What on earth have service medals got to do with my reply? You asked if anyone else had come across this sort of behaviour, intimating it was an English problem, so I replied with what happened very recently, which was a great deal worse than afew loud mouthed yobs.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all

All were wearing their English football tops and all were being loud and proud

So we cant be pasionate about the sport we choose to follow when we emigrate then

I didn't leave the Highlands of Scotland to be confronted by these types

so is there a place on this earth where you can choose WHICH TYPE of people you share the same street as

I can only assume that these are the same people who by Walkers crisps and Pot Noodles from the various English shops knocking about the Auckland area.

So we can only eat nz foor in nz....I like walkers crisps WHATS WRONG WITH THAT.....

Spotting the patriotic person who is allowed to wear what they want

Thats my brother...

I felt totally embarrassed to be British.

No matter what i would never be embarrassed of my country......

Not a nice feeling when I have completed 22 Years in HM Forces, 4 Tours in Iraq, 1 in Afghan, 1 in Kosovo and numerous others in between, and that i'm now serving within the NZDF.

Pull up a sandbag and swing the light.....

Get over it
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:32 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Ministry Of Defence...........or me?
St George's Girl very rarely posts in here and when she does, she has a valid comment to make. I can't see why you choose to be offended by her reply.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all

All were wearing their English football tops and all were being loud and proud

So we cant be pasionate about the sport we choose to follow when we emigrate then

I didn't leave the Highlands of Scotland to be confronted by these types

so is there a place on this earth where you can choose WHICH TYPE of people you share the same street as

I can only assume that these are the same people who by Walkers crisps and Pot Noodles from the various English shops knocking about the Auckland area.

So we can only eat nz foor in nz....I like walkers crisps WHATS WRONG WITH THAT.....

Spotting the patriotic person who is allowed to wear what they want

Thats my brother...

I felt totally embarrassed to be British.

No matter what i would never be embarrassed of my country......

Not a nice feeling when I have completed 22 Years in HM Forces, 4 Tours in Iraq, 1 in Afghan, 1 in Kosovo and numerous others in between, and that i'm now serving within the NZDF.

Pull up a sandbag and swing the light.....

Anyone else been subjected to this mentality

NO
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: English Football Idiots

Lets all move back to blighty, have a street party and chat about how wonderful Diana was whilst singing Engerland Engerland. ??? I'm bored now . Cheerio. XX
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:39 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

What's yours and what's a quote?

As for the "so is there a place on this earth where you can choose WHICH TYPE of people you share the same street as" thing, the answer is a very resounding NO. Not unless you're rich enough to buy your own island.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:41 am
'In limboland'

Lets all move back to blighty, have a street party and chat about how wonderful Diana was whilst singing Engerland Engerland. ??? I'm bored now . Cheerio. XX
Without meaning to sound rude, which I certainly am not, you do appear to have a very narrow minded view of things.

My father was in the Royal Navy yet I've never heard him talk this way. My grandfather was a horsemen in WW1, do you wish me to go on?

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Apr 12th 2008 at 11:47 am.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Without meaning to sound rude, which I certainly am not, you do appear to have a very narrow minded view of things.

My father was in the Royal Navy yet I've never heard him talk this way. My grandfather was a horsemen in WW2, do you wish me to go on?
No.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:45 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

My father was in the Royal Navy yet I've never heard him talk this way. My grandfather was a horsemen in WW2, do you wish me to go on?
For the second time tonight, I concur. One can be patriotic without being obnoxious about it. And one can also make sacrifices for one's country without bragging about it, too. Or without expecting special favours. Just some respect would help.

SGG, I know where you're coming from. xxx
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:50 am
'In limboland'

No.
Sorry, I edited as 1 should have typed WW1. I could tell you about the suffering 2 of my uncles endured as prisoners of war in a Japanese camp, but I won't because it isn't appropriate.

Originally Posted by Maz
For the second time tonight, I concur. One can be patriotic without being obnoxious about it. And one can also make sacrifices for one's country without bragging about it, too. Or without expecting special favours. Just some respect would help.

SGG, I know where you're coming from. xxx
Thanks Maz.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:53 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I edited as 1 should have typed WW1. I could tell you about the suffering 2 of my uncles endured as prisoners of war in a Japanese camp, but I won't because it isn't appropriate.

Thanks Maz.

Spot the arse in your midst...and no, not the one at the top of your lovely legs....
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:56 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I had the mis fortune of having breakfast with my family this morning in a cafe in Browns Bay, North Shore Auckland, not 3 feet from a family of English Football idiots. All were wearing their English football tops and all were being loud and proud to the Asian staff and all the passers by. I??
And what did you do to assist or calm the situation ...
just get indignant ??....
write a letter ??.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.