English Football

Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:27 am
Jen

jenjag will become famous soon enoughjenjag will become famous soon enough
Default English Football

Hi - new to NZ, and having Sky installed in soon......

Does anyone know how much English football is shown on Sky over here?

Cheers
Dan

P.S - Also looking for a football team to join. Any ideas?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:48 am
Just Joined

StokieDoug will become famous soon enoughStokieDoug will become famous soon enough
Default Re: English Football

I've got sky sports.

They generally show 3 live games Sunday morning (the 12:30pm, one of the games kicking off at 3pm and the late kickoff match (6pm?). They also show replays of these games during the week.

They also show the Sunday/Monday matches if there are any, as well as a highlights programme during the week. It's pretty comprehensive.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:13 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Hi Dan

Can help you with your quest to play football.

If you want to play winter football then get in touch with East Coast Bays Soccer club phone no. 478 3433. They are based in Browns Bay. I think its mixed, not 100% sure though.

If you want to play summer football then my company has a spot free. Its mixed football, plays on a Monday night and starts on Monday 22 October which is labour day - which is a bugger of a day to start if you ask me!!!

If your interested in the summer football then send me an email. Jen has my email address..

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

ESPN are also good for Premiership, FA Cup and League Cup matches - they even had the might Sheffield Wednesday on last season! I think you automatically get ESPN when you subscribe to Sky Sports.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Dandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the rough

English football

Thank god you can't get much of it over here

22 men kicking a bag of wind around, they'd be better off giving them all a ball so they don't have to fight over the one

Football, a game played by 22 overpaid drama queens
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We have a thriving football club in our village. Seniors - both men and women and a solid youth team.
Nelson and Bays has a full winter and a summer league.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:35 am
Jen

jenjag will become famous soon enoughjenjag will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by waynepfry
ESPN are also good for Premiership, FA Cup and League Cup matches - they even had the might Sheffield Wednesday on last season! I think you automatically get ESPN when you subscribe to Sky Sports.
Mighty Sheffield Wednesday !!!!!! Oh dear - being a Barnsley fan that doesnt wash with me.

I notice your in Takapuna? Thats where we are - in the Spencer on Byron until the 28th.

If you fancy meeting up to watch the games and discussing why Barnsley are the best side in Yorkshire, let me know. Alternatively we could just laugh at Leeds' downfall......

Dan
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

It'd be good to meet up to watch some games - my missus isn't too keen on football! I'll check the listings and see when the next game is on. I think they show them in Takapuna Bar sometimes.

I lived in Harrogate for a long time - real Leeds Utd territory and had to put up with them crowing and taking the michael for the last few years. The only regret I have about moving here is that I wasn't there when they plunged into League One.

Spencer on Byron's in a great location - hope you're enjoying Takapuna - it's a bit different from Barnsely (and Sheffield for that matter too)......
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenjag
Hi - new to NZ, and having Sky installed in soon......

Does anyone know how much English football is shown on Sky over here?

Cheers
Dan

P.S - Also looking for a football team to join. Any ideas?
Hello Dan, Dan here. There is always 1 live match on covering the Saturday 3pm (so 3am Sunday here),the 5.15 pm match, the Sunday games,and most of the other Saturday games are shown the next day here-free. It's spot on mate.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY MIGHTY REDMEN!! RAFA RULES!!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:01 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hello Dan, Dan here. There is always 1 live match on covering the Saturday 3pm (so 3am Sunday here),the 5.15 pm match, the Sunday games,and most of the other Saturday games are shown the next day here-free. It's spot on mate.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY MIGHTY REDMEN!! RAFA RULES!!
Knew you wouldn't be far away from the mention of football .

Come on Sven's Sky Blue Army
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
Knew you wouldn't be far away from the mention of football .

Come on Sven's Sky Blue Army
What joy to find my neighbours are City fans.. Teresa's over the moon

What a time to bloody emigrate when we have a chance of having a decent season...

I'm going back if we get to Wembley...
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby will be pleased to know he can watch some English footy when we arrive.
He's just bought tickets to the upcoming Spurs V Everton match -