Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The English Corner Shop

The English Corner Shop

Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Green Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really nice
Default The English Corner Shop

For all those moving to Auckland, an essential support service is provided for you guys below:

http://www.theenglishcornershop.co.nz/
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The English Corner Shop

OMG Walkers crisps and Heinz Tomato Soup shame our local english shop can't do your prices. I refuse to be held to ransom down here and adjust to local stuff. However, if I only bought one or two items would it still be $20 to ship to South Island and what is the maximum weight that you could buy to keep within the $20 shipping please.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Green Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really nice

I'm not connected to the company, I'm simply spreading the good news!
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

We bought Jaffa Cakes in New World on Saturday and they had a sticker on them saying they were imported by the English Corner Shop!
Going to buy them direct in future and save $2 a box!
Old Mar 21st 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Well, there must be a lot of British expats moving to the Auckland region, given this expanding market!
Old Mar 21st 2010, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Green Fruit
I'm not connected to the company, I'm simply spreading the good news!
Ah shame, thought this was your shop or something. I will have to email them direct then. Thanks anyway for the link.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

he charges $10 shipping for a crisp box size box full of stuff.
we get things off him regularly and he will try to get things
you want if he doesnt stock em.

there is also a good UK section in the pac and save at sylvia park
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

rja4096 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Wife went to NZ for a look around with a view to us moving out there. She said the supermarkets had products like you woukld find at Liddle or ALDI but with prices like at Waitrose.

Is this correct, are there any cheep supermarkets, and shops like wilkinsons or poundstreacher?

Does anyone have a link to an online food shopping that we could get in NZ>

Thanks, Rick.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pak n Save are relatively cheap, depends on the quality of food that you want. New World are fine also. We don't have that much choice in NZ. Woolworths, New World, Countdown and PaknSave are the only ones that come to my mind at the mo. I can't think of any others unless someone can refresh my mind!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

Originally Posted by rja4096
My Wife went to NZ for a look around with a view to us moving out there. She said the supermarkets had products like you woukld find at Liddle or ALDI but with prices like at Waitrose.

Is this correct, are there any cheep supermarkets, and shops like wilkinsons or poundstreacher?

Does anyone have a link to an online food shopping that we could get in NZ>

Thanks, Rick.

https://www.woolworths.co.nz/HomeShopping/default.aspx
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Pak n Save would be the overall cheapest supermarket around.

Woolworth is pretty representative of the others.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Default Another UK Food Source

For all those in the British community in Auckland wanting a slice, (quite literally) of the UK, please see the link below:

http://www.bramptins.co.nz/
Old Mar 27th 2010, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing about the English corner shop IMHO, is that they sell English Beer. What a treat!
Old Mar 27th 2010, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Steve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to all

be aware that when ordering crisps from them, they are usually either out of date or very close to it.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve1977
be aware that when ordering crisps from them, they are usually either out of date or very close to it.
its not surprising. Cool Britannia used to sell old, old (either out of date or very close to it) Walkers Crisps most of the time.

myself Anything- foodwise that is near the expiration dates never ever buy either throw away. two years ago, I invited my English mate over for tea, and asked him - get some Walkers Crisps for me if you could...... cos I was dying for... at that time..... then he ended up buying 10 packs of Variety......... at Cool Britannia and they were all, nearly expired..... It is much appreciated though!...

also, tea - I like Yorkshire Gold - loose leaf only. yes, we can buy them here, but the thing is they are soooo old..... Just not so fresh....I hate the taste of old, old rotten tea.... I can tell. so I usually wait another shipment is coming.. or don't drink tea at all. (I don't quite like Dilmah) well I don't tend to buy the last package of anything (imported food espeically from Europe) at a shop - tea or whatever. Not Worth for a fortune.

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 27th 2010 at 8:53 am. Reason: added

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.