Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

England WIN Wellington 7's

England WIN Wellington 7's

Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all
Default England WIN Wellington 7's

Just in case anyone is interested.................England won the Wellington 7's last night 19-17 in the final again New Zealand

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4840871a26550.html

Expect lots of snide comments at work tomorrow
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:22 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: England WIN Wellington 7's

Originally Posted by cleverchap View Post
Just in case anyone is interested.................England won the Wellington 7's last night 19-17 in the final again New Zealand

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4840871a26550.html

Expect lots of snide comments at work tomorrow
Hi have to say did not think in the first half that we had a chance but pulled it off and all came together in the second part of the game the pub we was in all the NZ supporters was sick as pigs:curse: still sure NZ will pull it back one day still looking forward to going to work
Lin
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:24 am
Just Joined

nutchoc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We watched it at home...NZ snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. OH will be quietly gloating at work tomorrow!

Getting really fed up with NZ sore losers though - compare the two captains...English captain said 'What a great game, they played well, etc etc..' Kiwi bloke 'We gave them a few easy tries and some of the calls went against us' - they are never gracious in defeat!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:42 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

How true they go on about the aussies being bad losers, but they are the worst by miles
it's either the refs fault or they played badly, but they can never bring themselves to say that the other team just played better
And forget the silent gloating give it to em full throttle
As captain mainwaring would say they don't like the cold steel up em!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:29 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

It was also interesting to read, one of the england players being described as a "Fijian Transplant". It's a bit rich ..
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah....(and I don't really like sport)...I was there in a box with Brits very much in the minority and we went from....'you won't get out of here alive if England win' to 'oh well it's just a game' .
It was such a surprise finish though - was the pic in the NZ Sunday newspapers just of the Kiwis because they thought they were going to win and went to press early (changed text though) or do they always show just a pic of NZ team and not the actual victors...not very hospitable is it?

Had to go to UK press to find a picture of the winners for my blog....
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:56 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

....what a great night though. I was down Courtney Palce and it was a superb atmosphere right up till 4 am (and probably after that)

...and the result started the evening perfectly. have to say the Kiwi's I was with (older gents from South Island)were very gracious and gave me a hat as a momento....

...already planning next year
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:49 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I got dragged on to a stage at 1am in a bar by a very drunk brit. If it was one of you lot I want an apology because my legs have only just stopped bleeding! The bruises are appalling! Although, his wife and their friends did actually seem mortified about what happened....

I had fun at the 7s. I went as a ladybird. Wasn't in the group of ladybirds though, more the lone ranger type.

Got sunburned to hell as well.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:50 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

and the sunburn is NOT good. I am one of those annoyingly paranoid people who put sunburn on constantly. And I still couldn't keep myself from going pink.

No, pink is too soft. Try slightly cerise with a touch of purple.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:27 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Kiwiprincess;7264980] If it was one of you lot I want an apology because my legs have only just stopped bleeding!

Wasn't me - I only went to Courtney Palce and didn't moleste any ladybirds (though I did get winked at my a real female copper )

I was with the "Phantom Hat Swapper" - he traded hats all night - at least 5 or six by my reckoning. He ended up with a nice straw number, a red glittery one (looked expensive) and an over sized 'Ten Gallon' version
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:32 am
Just Joined

TheWoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess View Post
If it was one of you lot I want an apology because my legs have only just stopped bleeding! The bruises are appalling!
Not guilty, I was at home all evening as I had to work very early the following morning. I have decided to take a few days leave for next years 7's and construction of fancy dress is already in the planning stage
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:36 am
Cow on the Beach

Originally Posted by TheWoo View Post
I have decided to take a few days leave for next years 7's and construction of fancy dress is already in the planning stage
Ditto !
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:40 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

So that's two down....what about the rest of you?

I went with a friend who hadn't quite realised/remembered how the 7s is the Convention of the Insane. She had just returned from the UK and didn't quite realise why I was appearing to go completely overboard sending texts re costume ideas. As soon as we got to the railway station and started to see them all she understood the reason. Quite frankly, this dahhhling, requires effort. It is the social event of the season.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:05 am
Just Joined

nutchoc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in Wellington with the kids on Saturday and they enjoyed costume spotting...although they kept asking why people were dressed up. OH also overheard a tourist in Te Papa who said 'Zis town seems a little crazy today!'

Still think the Kiwis are a bunch of sore losers though
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

Great night in Welly

D