Endometriosis

Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

libra81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Endometriosis

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has endometriosis and if it affected the medical. I was diagnosed with this in January after a diagnostic laparoscopy and at present i am working with the consultant to try and find a treatment i can tolerate. any advice appreciated
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

paddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nice
Default Re: Endometriosis

Originally Posted by libra81
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has endometriosis and if it affected the medical. I was diagnosed with this in January after a diagnostic laparoscopy and at present i am working with the consultant to try and find a treatment i can tolerate. any advice appreciated
Hi Libra 81

I've an appointment on monday for for a hyteroscopy, and ovarian scan iv'e been suffering with a few womens probs for the last couple of months

They say everything happens at once

Iv'e got everything crossed hoping its just an hormonal blip

Good luck with everything
Shell x
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paddyandshell
Hi Libra 81

I've an appointment on monday for for a hyteroscopy, and ovarian scan iv'e been suffering with a few womens probs for the last couple of months

They say everything happens at once

Iv'e got everything crossed hoping its just an hormonal blip

Good luck with everything
Shell x
Hi Shell
Good luck for Monday.
I used to work on gynae i'm sure you will be fine. I'm a nurse but doing my midwifery training before we move over. I have had pelvic pain for over 2 years now so in a way pleased i have my diagnosis but worried about the medical
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:51 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

I never wrote that in my medical form. Oops! Medicals really are just a way of ensuring that you won't drop dead when you get off the plane or require a truck load of government subsidised medicines on your arrival. As far as I know, this doesn't do any of that. I actually started treatment here in NZ ,and shock horror, fell pregnant against the odds! Pretty painful though. As long as you're not a gigantic fatty on the verge on a heart attack or harbouring something nasty in your lungs - you should in theory be sweet. Whats a bit of endometriosis between friends!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Littletoe
I never wrote that in my medical form. Oops! Medicals really are just a way of ensuring that you won't drop dead when you get off the plane or require a truck load of government subsidised medicines on your arrival. As far as I know, this doesn't do any of that. I actually started treatment here in NZ ,and shock horror, fell pregnant against the odds! Pretty painful though. As long as you're not a gigantic fatty on the verge on a heart attack or harbouring something nasty in your lungs - you should in theory be sweet. Whats a bit of endometriosis between friends!

I had suffered with this and was heading down the hysterectomy route ,never declared this at medical,never had any problem with it...Doctor has access to your notes and never brought it up either...have been put on memphanamic acid,and it has helped me hugely,you should ask to have it prescribed from your doc,I brought huge supply with me....hope this helps ...Jacky
Old Apr 26th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Endometriosis

Hi everyone thanks for the replys. It's reassuring to read that it probs wont affect getting over there. I used to take mefanamic acid alongside tranexamic acid and to be honest it didn't work for me, I think they are going to try and diathermy it which i'm hoping will sort it out, there is the chance of it returning but i'll just have to take the risk. Hopefully we might have another baby in a couple of years so that might solve it if it does come back. I thought it quite funny the first time i spoke to my consultant and she said "can't you just have a baby, that would cure it"
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it quite funny the first time i spoke to my consultant and she said "can't you just have a baby, that would cure it"
I become mad whenever I hear that

I've had this about 15 years (I am only 30) but was diagnosed 9 yrs ago - terminal endometriosis.. had surgery two times. but hopless. mine is a severe case. living with Chronic Pain - I am desperate now as there's no other treatment options for me. + gastric ulcer since last year because drugs (Naproxen Sodium) hurts my stomach badly.

so what? I am still alive!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Hi everyone thanks for the replys. It's reassuring to read that it probs wont affect getting over there. I used to take mefanamic acid alongside tranexamic acid and to be honest it didn't work for me, I think they are going to try and diathermy it which i'm hoping will sort it out, there is the chance of it returning but i'll just have to take the risk. Hopefully we might have another baby in a couple of years so that might solve it if it does come back. I thought it quite funny the first time i spoke to my consultant and she said "can't you just have a baby, that would cure it"
I know that the medical officers CAN be a bit funny re endo. I have a Mirena IUD to treat it.. really unsuccessful, had it 5 years now. They had to have loads of info from the gynae consultant but hey I got here!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frenchy
I have a Mirena IUD to treat it.. really unsuccessful, had it 5 years now. !
So am I. It's unsuccessful for me. had it 4 years. just adds/gives you more/extra pain

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 26th 2008 at 11:46 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

OOPS!!! I meant to say really successful!!!! Blonde/ senior moment there!!!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Frenchy
OOPS!!! I meant to say really successful!!!! Blonde/ senior moment there!!!
that progesterone isn't really effective at all anyway. plenty of ppl have terrible side effects (me include) from it and loads of them have removed without success. there is no known cure for endometriosis. Peace.

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 27th 2008 at 11:46 am.