Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Employment - what proof is needed?

Employment - what proof is needed?

Old Oct 4th 2005, 11:43 am
Just Joined

PRinAuckland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employment - what proof is needed?

Hi everyone,

Quite new on here so tentatively have a question:-

My partner is trying to prove employment in the UK for a permanent residency visa. The problem is that some of her employers (although large companies) have been acquired by other companies, and there are no detailed personnel records. She can prove her job title, that the position was full time and the company name, but that's it! Will NZ Immigration accept these short letters as opposed to an explanation of duties? Personal experiences / advice very welcome Thanks to anyone who replies xx
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Re: Employment - what proof is needed?

Originally Posted by PRinAuckland
Hi everyone,

Quite new on here so tentatively have a question:-

My partner is trying to prove employment in the UK for a permanent residency visa. The problem is that some of her employers (although large companies) have been acquired by other companies, and there are no detailed personnel records. She can prove her job title, that the position was full time and the company name, but that's it! Will NZ Immigration accept these short letters as opposed to an explanation of duties? Personal experiences / advice very welcome Thanks to anyone who replies xx
Hi PRinA,
I'm not totally sure if it made any difference to me, but I also had a few 'holes' in my employment. I sent a P60 for one of them because like you they didn't keep records. You said you freelanced for a while? I was also self employed and couldn't get references from those employers, so I got my accountant to provide references detailing what my roles were. Do you have any payslips, offers of employment etc? They will help if you have.
Hope this helps a bit, good luck and welcome to the forum!
Mark