Employment

Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:21 pm
Banned

gedsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employment

Hi everybody.
Well, after 3 years since we decided to relocate to N.Z. we have our Settlement interview on 30th June so fingers crossed. Even though my wife is the Lead Applicant i've got to get something so is there any Sheetmetalworkers/Fabricators out there that know of any firms that are busy in the Canterbury area .
Cheers Gedsy
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Employment

Hi Gedsy,
City Care deal with the water & sewage pipes in cities across NZ. They will probably need you to fix/mend/make the pipes that got damaged in the earthquake in February and subsequent aftershocks ! A lot of streets in sububurban Christchurch have been abandoned by Christchurch City Council because of earthquake damage/liquefaction which makes the ground unstable to build on. Householders are being offered a financial settlement package to move out. Basically, there's going to be a building boom in Christchurch shortly as they build mobile home parks for people who lost their houses and whole housing developments where people can move to if they live in affected suburb and choose to spend their buyout package on another house in Christchurch. Good luck. BTW, is your wife in the medical profession ? Only asking 'cause it seems a popular choice among expats.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:39 pm
Banned

Thanks for that Deb. Yes, my wife is a Nurse so i know she'll be ok for work.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Gedsy. There is an employment advert HERE . Click the link. Seems to be in your line of trade work. You'll have to educate them of course about the visa status .
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:01 pm
Banned

Thanks Bevs. Sent my C.V. Buy you a drink sometime
gedsy
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You should perhaps try and contact Wiz n Ton. He is a recruiter and may be able to point you in the right directions. He's a recruiter down in Xchurch.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.trademe.co.nz/jobs/agricu...-387967674.htm

Any good ?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:19 pm
Banned

Thanks for that. C.V. is on its way.