Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

Old Sep 14th 2009, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

Hi all,

Went in to travel agent it was waste of time she said the rules of the fare would not allow the changes for any of the dates. She then denied that I told her about my blood condition!!!!!!!!!!! Told her that emirates may not let me on the plane because of it asked if they would give me my money back she then laughed and said no it was my problem. Laughing at me is something you just don't do I could feel my temper rising so I had to leave she is not worth it. Phoned emirates the guy was great he said it was right about the fare rules but he said to make a complaint to emirates about the travel agent and that i had stated about my blood condition. He thinks it should be ok for me to fly they just have to give me medical clearance. He said he would do what he could if I don't get clearance.
Tried phoning TravelMoods head office but got fobed off i'm sooooo cheesed off. Jim said put it down to experience and never use a travel agent for flights again.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Many bulkhead seats are not fantastic, often the extra legroom is mythical - I can stretch my legs out on most planes, on the bulkheads they end up touching the wall.

Additionally the seats are narrower (due to tray tables/tv's stowed in the seat rests) and you can't lift up the seat rests as they are fixed.

Have you tried Qatar or Etihad?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
Hi all,

Went in to travel agent it was waste of time she said the rules of the fare would not allow the changes for any of the dates. She then denied that I told her about my blood condition!!!!!!!!!!! Told her that emirates may not let me on the plane because of it asked if they would give me my money back she then laughed and said no it was my problem. Laughing at me is something you just don't do I could feel my temper rising so I had to leave she is not worth it. Phoned emirates the guy was great he said it was right about the fare rules but he said to make a complaint to emirates about the travel agent and that i had stated about my blood condition. He thinks it should be ok for me to fly they just have to give me medical clearance. He said he would do what he could if I don't get clearance.
Tried phoning TravelMoods head office but got fobed off i'm sooooo cheesed off. Jim said put it down to experience and never use a travel agent for flights again.
Well babe, it could have been worse - at least you didnt get arrested
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

no no no i'm too clever for that people like her forget what goes around comes around. it's the stress of trying to get myself a better life that keeps me awake at night not the fact i've wronged someone at work today like she did
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You should not let this go. Not just for you being ripped off but for any other poor soul out there.

They should not have been booking an air tx of this nature without making sure you were clear about the flight conditions. You should have a letter that goes with your tickets which explains the fares conditions etc. They can't just lie their way out of it.

Don't forget this company will still earn commission on this booking and for all you know will have re-issued some legs of this ticket and so, in theory, will be able to retain part of your cash as profit for them.

Further, the travel clerk will have a sales target to reach each month and if that is hit she will get a bonus payment. That shoddy booking and the subsequent one will be helping her towards that.

As is shown by the Emirates web site itself , there was no need to book this fare at all. There were perfectly good cost effective alternatives for the same flights whereby your liability would have been 100GBP max.

Make it clear that it was the travel agent that cancelled the booking and not you.

I know you are feeling stressed but write the official complaint letter to
Complaints - Customer Services
Emirates.Gloucester Park
95 Cromwell Road, London

Also you can complain to ABTA who will certainly deal with this matter for you.This is what they are for.
To start with though, before you do this, you need to write 2 letters to TravelMood HO. The 1st to complain . The 2nd to follow up and refuse any offer and then this matter can go to ABTA .

I gather that the head office isLondon - Islington24 Islington Green , London , N1 8DU , UK

Send them a comprehensive letter of complaint and enclose all the details of these bookings. Also state that you are prepared to go to ABTA.

Also send a copy to their PLC company.
TUI Travel House
Crawley Business Quarter
Fleming Way
Crawley
West Sussex, UK
RH10 9QL

OOo. Just realise I am sounding bossy. Soz.
It's just that I worked for a travel group for several years and do know what slithery practices go on behind the scenes at times . The shop will try to cover this up . The HO won't take it seriously unless it is in writing and then followed up. This then forces them , by their own complaint procedure, to respond in the first instance and then make an arbitorial offer in the 2nd.
If you have complained to Emirates and have also stated you will complain to ABTA, then they know you mean business.

It could be a good stress buster .

Have some karma. Bloody disgusting is what it is.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much Bevs I will get started on letter tomorrow. I really don't need all this added stress right now as Oscar and Libby (2 of my beloved raggies) are not well right now i'm so worried about them

Once again thank you for all your help I am really gratefull

Angela x
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I really don't need all this added stress right now as Oscar and Libby (2 of my beloved raggies) are not well right now i'm so worried about them

Angela x
Ooo noes I hope they are feeling better tomorrow . I hate it when one of me cats is unwell. My world goes to pot.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:22 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates do Glasgow - Dubai then Dubai - Singapore then Singapore - Melbourne and lastly Melbourne - Auckland same route back
Business class is sooo expensive as I have to do all these stops I also have all the hotel costs on the way too
Sorry that was me being unclear. I meant, are you sure Emirates are the only airline which does it?

I hope you eventually get it all sorted out. What a horribly stressful time for you.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:38 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I've just been on Expedia and got the following:

Multiple destination
Flight 1: Glasgow, Scotland (GLA) to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (DXB)
Flight 2: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (DXB) to Singapore, Singapore (SIN)
Flight 3: Singapore, Singapore (SIN) to Melbourne, Vic., Australia (MEL)
Flight 4: Melbourne, Vic., Australia (MEL) to Auckland, New Zealand (AKL)

Note: Prices are per person for roundtrip travel; they are e-ticket prices and include all flight taxes and fees. If your itinerary requires paper tickets there will be an additional charge. Prices do not include baggage fees or other fees charged directly by the airline. These results cover a metro area with several airports. Review your choices carefully.

$1,268.50 /person ($2,537.00 total)

2:15 pm Depart Glasgow (GLA)
Arrive Dubai (DXB) 12:30 am +1 day Sun 11-Oct
Duration: 7hr 15mn Emirates 28
Nonstop flight

2:45 am Depart Dubai (DXB)
Arrive Singapore (SIN) 2:05 pm Tue 13-Oct
Duration: 7hr 20mn Emirates 432
Nonstop flight

10:30 pm Depart Singapore (SIN)
Arrive Melbourne (MEL) 8:40 am +1 day Thu 15-Oct
Duration: 7hr 10mn Emirates 404
Nonstop flight

8:10 am Depart Melbourne (MEL)
Arrive Auckland (AKL) 1:40 pm Sat 17-Oct
Duration: 3hr 30mn Emirates 406
Nonstop flight

There is an option to select your seats for each flight by clicking the link on their website. It shows a separate seating plan for each leg of the journey and which seats are still available. I checked for the above itinerary and there are bulk head seats still available on each leg. It states on the site that these seats are confirmed as booked once you complete your e-booking.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:45 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I also checked out business class for the same journey and got the following:

$4,804.90 /person (2 adults = $9,609.80 total)

Nonstop flight

Nonstop flight

Nonstop flight

Nonstop flight
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Sorry that was me being unclear. I meant, are you sure Emirates are the only airline which does it?

I hope you eventually get it all sorted out. What a horribly stressful time for you.
Thanks Kiwiprincess Yes from what I can see I have looked at all other airline websites and they only do 6 flights for multiple stops i need 8

Angela x
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
I've just been on Expedia and got the following:

Multiple destination
Flight 1: Glasgow, Scotland (GLA) to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (DXB)
Flight 2: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (DXB) to Singapore, Singapore (SIN)
Flight 3: Singapore, Singapore (SIN) to Melbourne, Vic., Australia (MEL)
Flight 4: Melbourne, Vic., Australia (MEL) to Auckland, New Zealand (AKL)

Note: Prices are per person for roundtrip travel; they are e-ticket prices and include all flight taxes and fees. If your itinerary requires paper tickets there will be an additional charge. Prices do not include baggage fees or other fees charged directly by the airline. These results cover a metro area with several airports. Review your choices carefully.

$1,268.50 /person ($2,537.00 total)

Nonstop flight

Nonstop flight

Nonstop flight

Nonstop flight

There is an option to select your seats for each flight by clicking the link on their website. It shows a separate seating plan for each leg of the journey and which seats are still available. I checked for the above itinerary and there are bulk head seats still available on each leg. It states on the site that these seats are confirmed as booked once you complete your e-booking.
Hi

This is an amazing price for a return trip it's half the price of emirates own website. What dates did you use for the return trip ? It was the man at emirates that quoted me £14000 (£7000 each) to say I nearly dropped of my seat is un understatement. It doesn't let you pick your seat on the emirates site until you have booked but even then your seat is not guaranteed as it says on there conditions you can be removed even after boarding the flight.
I'm taking every precaution not to develop a clot why can't they do their bit without causing so much hassle for me. It's not as if i'm asking for a free upgrade to first class !!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:55 pm
TeamEmbo

I used the dates you said - departing on 11 October and allowed a day in between - the dates are on the itinerary posted up.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
I used the dates you said - departing on 11 October and allowed a day in between - the dates are on the itinerary posted up.
I'm unfortunately having to coming back only coming out for a month. Sorry I thought this was a return trip

Angela x
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:06 pm
TeamEmbo

I asked it for return trip.

But either way the flights are still with Emirates and the site allows you to select your seats on each leg of the journey and confirms them on e-booking, which is what I thought you said the travel agent would not do for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.