Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
Emirates are the only airline that do the flights i need i.e 7hrs at a time

It's not really the babies fault it's emirates but I know what you mean

My husband needed extra legroom on a flight recently to the states. We had a doctors letter with us and they couldn't guarantee bulkhead seats cause they have to have babies in the basinettes which is understandable. We were given on the outward leg 3 seats for 2 of us so we could take up the whole row with our legs and stretch out. On the way back we had bulk head seats but may have had to give them up if a baby needed it. By far the exit seats looked to have the best leg room but then if you are not capable of helping anyone in an emergency due to a medical condition you won't get them anyway! good luck. Hope you get good seats.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirl
My husband needed extra legroom on a flight recently to the states. We had a doctors letter with us and they couldn't guarantee bulkhead seats cause they have to have babies in the basinettes which is understandable. We were given on the outward leg 3 seats for 2 of us so we could take up the whole row with our legs and stretch out. On the way back we had bulk head seats but may have had to give them up if a baby needed it. By far the exit seats looked to have the best leg room but then if you are not capable of helping anyone in an emergency due to a medical condition you won't get them anyway! good luck. Hope you get good seats.
I always carry doctors letter and inject myself with fragmin 2hrs before each flight and take blood thinners everyday
I find it very frustrating as I am able bodied it's just my blood clots quickly
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there guys.
Felling right cross for you.

Go back to the travel agent and speak with the branch manager and kick up BIG STINK. Of course the travel agent could have booked the seats you needed. Blimey, one can even do this when making an Emirates booking on-line ! SDhe/he should have done this at the time of the booking.

at same time travel agent told me there was no seats left at the price we paid for one of the flights
I take it then , that for one leg there was only business class left and that there were no alternative flights that could have been taken. From memory if she could have found an alternative it is simply a ticket reissue. Maybe she didn't look hard enough !!

changed our flights at same time travel agent told me there was no seats left at the price we paid for one of the flights so we ended up having to cancel the whole ticket at the cost of £1300!!! and book new flights at the cost of £2000
When are you flying ? Did you change these flights in under 24 hours before flying then? I can only understand this if this is what happened.

You should query this load of ole botox as well. Back last January when I went to be with my Dad , I had to change my Emirates flights twice. They were helpful with this on the phone and I was charged a small fee only for the alteration.

I've had the same with Singapore Air too. You should have been able to tweek and alter those flight legs without having to lose 1300 quid !

I'd defo go back to the travel agent and speak with the branch manager. Ask for their official complaints procedure and make that complaint. Ask for your 1300 quid back . No messin'.

Go armed . Get onto the Emirates website and 'play' around with flight bookings to see what is or is not available and at what cost. you won;t be able to look at what seats have been already reserved though as you can;t see that until after a booking has been made, but you can certainly play around with travel dates and prices.

Sounds like total incompetance to me. The flights should have been able to be altered for the alteration and re-issue fee of 50 quid. The travel clerk should have been able to 'tweak' the flights with a bit of effort on his/her part.
Seats should have been simply reserved for you with no fuss at the time of the booking , just as they are for extra tall people that travel.

FWIW. I've booked wanted seats several times with Emirates now, using their on-line internet booking service and we have always gotten the seats that were wanted.

Godness me. I'm so cross for you.

Here is a bit of what the Fare Conditions state for the basic on-line air tickets. I'll just post a bit of it.. You should have been given a copy of the original fare conditions. Check it , it should read the same.

Originally Posted by on-line Emirates
CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE GBP 50.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME PER TICKET CHARGE GBP 100.00 FOR REFUND
As for the person you spoke with at Emirates , I am rather stunned to be honest.

Sounds like a complete cock-up all round. Best thing really is that you completely cancel, get ALL your money back and start again , doing it yourself on line.

Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi there guys.
Felling right cross for you.

Go back to the travel agent and speak with the branch manager and kick up BIG STINK. Of course the travel agent could have booked the seats you needed. Blimey, one can even do this when making an Emirates booking on-line ! SDhe/he should have done this at the time of the booking.

I take it then , that for one leg there was only business class left and that there were no alternative flights that could have been taken. From memory if she could have found an alternative it is simply a ticket reissue. Maybe she didn't look hard enough !!

When are you flying ? Did you change these flights in under 24 hours before flying then? I can only understand this if this is what happened.

You should query this load of ole botox as well. Back last January when I went to be with my Dad , I had to change my Emirates flights twice. They were helpful with this on the phone and I was charged a small fee only for the alteration.

I've had the same with Singapore Air too. You should have been able to tweek and alter those flight legs without having to lose 1300 quid !

I'd defo go back to the travel agent and speak with the branch manager. Ask for their official complaints procedure and make that complaint. Ask for your 1300 quid back . No messin'.

Go armed . Get onto the Emirates website and 'play' around with flight bookings to see what is or is not available and at what cost. you won;t be able to look at what seats have been already reserved though as you can;t see that until after a booking has been made, but you can certainly play around with travel dates and prices.

Sounds like total incompetance to me. The flights should have been able to be altered for the alteration and re-issue fee of 50 quid. The travel clerk should have been able to 'tweak' the flights with a bit of effort on his/her part.
Seats should have been simply reserved for you with no fuss at the time of the booking , just as they are for extra tall people that travel.

FWIW. I've booked wanted seats several times with Emirates now, using their on-line internet booking service and we have always gotten the seats that were wanted.

Godness me. I'm so cross for you.

Here is a bit of what the Fare Conditions state for the basic on-line air tickets. I'll just post a bit of it.. You should have been given a copy of the original fare conditions. Check it , it should read the same.

As for the person you spoke with at Emirates , I am rather stunned to be honest.

Sounds like a complete cock-up all round. Best thing really is that you completely cancel, get ALL your money back and start again , doing it yourself on line.

I thought it would have been easy enough to tweak the flights but apparantly not she said there was no availabilty from singapore to melbourne at the price we paid or the next fare up when I went back i have an itinery from emirates site and it was an extra £96 but she was adimant we would have to cancel the original flights
We hopefully fly out on the 11th Oct providing emirates will now let me fly
I'm going to travel agent in morn to be honest i was glad they were closed today probably would have got myslef in big trouble I am going to make an official complaint but probably won't get me my money back but I will try
Thank you for all your help x
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:14 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure about Emirates doing the stop you need? Have travel agents been able to suggest a multistop? Generally it's not a matter of flying with one airline but rather, flying with one alliance or network.

The first/only one I thought of is a multistop/RTW LHR-NYC-LAX-Honolulu/somewhere in the Pacific/Auckland.

Then again, obviously you have looked into it more than me

I'm surprised you have to pay that much for a business class ticket though (although they obviously arent cheap). Have you been able to play with the dates a bit?
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:15 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Arggh how did I miss the second page? Ignore me, seems all solved

Good to hear. Definitely fingers crossed!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:19 pm
`

Even if she did cancel the entire booking , it should not have cost you anything like 1300 quid.

In any case, she should have simply kept the same booking but re-issued and re-validated any leg of the journey that needed altering. It would have been time consuming but could have been done. Sounds to me like she couldn't be arsed.

Go for the jugular mate and get your money back. Not just that, have the branch manager have this travel clerk fully explain her actions. This person is clearly incompetent and perhaps shouldn't be out on the sales desks without further training .
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Are you sure about Emirates doing the stop you need? Have travel agents been able to suggest a multistop? Generally it's not a matter of flying with one airline but rather, flying with one alliance or network.

The first/only one I thought of is a multistop/RTW LHR-NYC-LAX-Honolulu/somewhere in the Pacific/Auckland.

Then again, obviously you have looked into it more than me

I'm surprised you have to pay that much for a business class ticket though (although they obviously arent cheap). Have you been able to play with the dates a bit?
Emirates do Glasgow - Dubai then Dubai - Singapore then Singapore - Melbourne and lastly Melbourne - Auckland same route back
Business class is sooo expensive as I have to do all these stops I also have all the hotel costs on the way too
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:22 pm
`

Emirates do Glasgow - Dubai then Dubai - Singapore then Singapore - Melbourne and lastly Melbourne - Auckland same route back
Are you going to take an internet on-line itinerary with seats available + the total costs GBP with you when you complain to the manager.

OOo. I wish I could be there for you.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Even if she did cancel the entire booking , it should not have cost you anything like 1300 quid.

In any case, she should have simply kept the same booking but re-issued and re-validated any leg of the journey that needed altering. It would have been time consuming but could have been done. Sounds to me like she couldn't be arsed.

Go for the jugular mate and get your money back. Not just that, have the branch manager have this travel clerk fully explain her actions. This person is clearly incompetent and perhaps shouldn't be out on the sales desks without further training .
I am going for jugular that's why Jim is coming with me She is around 50ish oldest person there hope to god she ain't the manager but it still doesn't solve my seating probs
I feel like such a fool for letting her do this to me. She charged me £440 for cancelling my sons flight and can not claim it of the insurance as it is his fault for being a clever boy and getting a job!!!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Are you going to take an internet on-line itinerary with seats available + the total costs GBP with you when you complain to the manager.

OOo. I wish I could be there for you.
I've got the flight itinery with the GBP cost but no seat availability
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've got the flight itinery with the GBP cost but no seat availability
Emirates do say in their conditions of carrige

5.4 Seating
We will try to meet advance seating requests, but we cannot guarantee that you will be able to sit in any particular seat. We can
change your seat for a similar seat at any time, even after you have boarded the aircraft.

Think I will get the dingy out
Old Sep 13th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

we flew business with emirates and it was nothing like that price, they wasn,t cheap but they where way under what u are getting quoted, theiving profiteering gits

Neil
Old Sep 13th 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Jan n Neil;7928672]we flew business with emirates and it was nothing like that price, they wasn,t cheap but they where way under what u are getting quoted, theiving profiteering gits

Neil[/QUOthink it is so expensive because of the 3 stops
Old Sep 13th 2009, 11:44 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with what Bevs said, give them hell.
What bloody cheek and what incompetent, nincompoop service! I'm so cross for you! It's bad enough you havbe to pay extra for all the flights, go through all the aggravation of taking a long time to get to your destination but you also have to go through this! Wish I was there to give them a piece of my mind!

ps: pls ignore any typos, I'm back at my mum's and using the tiny laptop.

pps: just watched an episode of "should I worry" and they did this test and flight socks are apparerently very good for people who are prone to clotting.

Last edited by Kija; Sep 13th 2009 at 11:46 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.