Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

I'm so upset
I originally booked flights for reccie through my travel agent to come out for 12 days as we didn't think we would manage longer but we have now managed to get a whole 31 days!!! which is great. But as I have a blood disorder which makes my blood clot quickly I can not fly for more than 7 hours at a time then need a day on land so it is going to take me 6 days to get to NZ it's a pain but that's life. I had to cancel my son's flight as he is starting an apprenticship and won't get the time off, changed our flights at same time travel agent told me there was no seats left at the price we paid for one of the flights so we ended up having to cancel the whole ticket at the cost of £1300!!! and book new flights at the cost of £2000 she knew I had blood disorder and needed extra leg room seat which she said she would sort out once ticket was issued. So waited the short time for ticket to be issued and went back only to be told I have to sort seats myself!! So phoned emirates the guy was not very nice but did book bulkhead seats for me which I was really happy with. Phoned them today and asked for the seat numbers in writing only to be told they are not guaranteed and if someone is on plane with a baby they will give my seat to them!!!!!!!!! I asked are you telling me a baby takes priority over a medical passenger? and was told YES wouldn't matter what the medical condition was the baby comes first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am completely in shock. They then go on to tell me the only way i can guarantee an extra leg room seat is to fly business class at the cost of £14000 (yes you are reading three zeros) on asking the girl if she would pay £14000 to guarantee a seat she couldn't answer till I said see you wouldn't do it she then replied of course I would if it meant my health (think I will work for emirates call centre if they can pay that kind of money to fly and not think twice about it)I tried explaining I can not sit in a cramped seat as i could easily develop a blood clot I was then told well we may not want you on our planes I now have to fill out their medical form get my doctor to fill out his part and wait for emirates to tell me if they will let me on the plane at all!!!!!!!! I am fit to fly I just need a little more room than most people.
So in a nutshell if i give them £14000 they will let me on no problem if not I have to hope the emirates doctor is a bit more understanding if not I won't be coming to NZ at all
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:41 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
I'm so upset
I originally booked flights for reccie through my travel agent to come out for 12 days as we didn't think we would manage longer but we have now managed to get a whole 31 days!!! which is great. But as I have a blood disorder which makes my blood clot quickly I can not fly for more than 7 hours at a time then need a day on land so it is going to take me 6 days to get to NZ it's a pain but that's life. I had to cancel my son's flight as he is starting an apprenticship and won't get the time off, changed our flights at same time travel agent told me there was no seats left at the price we paid for one of the flights so we ended up having to cancel the whole ticket at the cost of £1300!!! and book new flights at the cost of £2000 she knew I had blood disorder and needed extra leg room seat which she said she would sort out once ticket was issued. So waited the short time for ticket to be issued and went back only to be told I have to sort seats myself!! So phoned emirates the guy was not very nice but did book bulkhead seats for me which I was really happy with. Phoned them today and asked for the seat numbers in writing only to be told they are not guaranteed and if someone is on plane with a baby they will give my seat to them!!!!!!!!! I asked are you telling me a baby takes priority over a medical passenger? and was told YES wouldn't matter what the medical condition was the baby comes first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am completely in shock. They then go on to tell me the only way i can guarantee an extra leg room seat is to fly business class at the cost of £14000 (yes you are reading three zeros) on asking the girl if she would pay £14000 to guarantee a seat she couldn't answer till I said see you wouldn't do it she then replied of course I would if it meant my health (think I will work for emirates call centre if they can pay that kind of money to fly and not think twice about it)I tried explaining I can not sit in a cramped seat as i could easily develop a blood clot I was then told well we may not want you on our planes I now have to fill out their medical form get my doctor to fill out his part and wait for emirates to tell me if they will let me on the plane at all!!!!!!!! I am fit to fly I just need a little more room than most people.
So in a nutshell if i give them £14000 they will let me on no problem if not I have to hope the emirates doctor is a bit more understanding if not I won't be coming to NZ at all
what a cheek!!!!!!!!!!!!!! money grabbing so & so's i would be so cross too. Hope it all works out ok for you though.

Tina. x
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Tina

I've cried all day and I don't do tears. Stress seems to be my middle name these days as it probably is for lots of people including you with your referals hope you will have the answer you need soon x
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:48 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Tina

I've cried all day and I don't do tears. Stress seems to be my middle name these days as it probably is for lots of people including you with your referals hope you will have the answer you need soon x
bless you, lets hope we both get what we want eh?? Some Karma coming your way angela for having to take so much crap of ignorant people

Tina. x
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Tina

Karma on it's way too you too for being kind
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Tina

Karma on it's way too you too for being kind
So you are putting this about are you....

go get em tiger!!!!

Wheres my Karma??? ive been kind - why does that tina get it all, what did she do eh???
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:55 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Anglea, I don't know what to say really - but it doesn't sound right? Can you call them again and speak with a superviser or go back to the travel agents and get them to make the call with you there?

The front seats are "reserved" due to the bassinettes for babies being on the wall in front o fthem - how about a seat by the emergency exit, is that a possibility?

Stress relieving karma en route - let us know how you get on.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:55 pm
appreciate life

Originally Posted by Psychopandy

go get em tiger!!!!

Wheres my Karma??? ive been kind - why does that tina get it all, what did she do eh???
lol, psych I will share haha. x
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
lol, psych I will share haha. x
Ok Ok, i forgive you for hogging the Karma

I've put your virtual beer back in the virtual fridge xx
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:59 pm
appreciate life

Ok Ok, i forgive you for hogging the Karma

I've put your virtual beer back in the virtual fridge xx
great virtual beer mmmm......
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:01 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: EMIRATES DON'T DO MEDICAL PASSENGERS UNLESS YOU PAY THEM £14k

What about other airlines?

Telling them about this medical thing is a mistake, just say you want lots of legroom.

ETA: Why can't they just put the babies in the overhead storage lockers? They would be much quieter in there as well. Everyone ends up happy!

Last edited by Charismatic; Sep 13th 2009 at 9:04 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

go get em tiger!!!!

Sorry karma coming your way
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Charismatic
What about other airlines?

Telling them about this medical thing is a mistake, just say you want lots of legroom.

ETA: Why can't they just put the babies in the overhead storage lockers? They would be much quieter in there as well. Everyone ends up happy!
Emirates are the only airline that do the flights i need i.e 7hrs at a time

It's not really the babies fault it's emirates but I know what you mean
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Anglea, I don't know what to say really - but it doesn't sound right? Can you call them again and speak with a superviser or go back to the travel agents and get them to make the call with you there?

The front seats are "reserved" due to the bassinettes for babies being on the wall in front o fthem - how about a seat by the emergency exit, is that a possibility?

Stress relieving karma en route - let us know how you get on.
Hey Loolah

The travel agent has been useless she is as much use as a chocolate fire guard!!!
I did speak to the supervisor after i burst the eardrum of the guy i spoke to she was the one that said 'of course i would pay £14000 if it meant my health' stupid mooomooo
They are refusing to reserve any exit seats until check in as you have to prove to them you are fit, able bodied and tell them yes i will be first out the exit door lol I can't afford to take the risk of waiting till check in
I've never had this problem before usually when I say I have antiphospholipid syndrome you get the blank expression then I explain and they instantly say oh no problem what seat would you like I have to pay for it but that doesn't bother me.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey Loolah

The travel agent has been useless she is as much use as a chocolate fire guard!!!
I did speak to the supervisor after i burst the eardrum of the guy i spoke to she was the one that said 'of course i would pay £14000 if it meant my health' stupid mooomooo
They are refusing to reserve any exit seats until check in as you have to prove to them you are fit, able bodied and tell them yes i will be first out the exit door lol I can't afford to take the risk of waiting till check in
I've never had this problem before usually when I say I have antiphospholipid syndrome you get the blank expression then I explain and they instantly say oh no problem what seat would you like I have to pay for it but that doesn't bother me.
Doesnt usually cost you £14,000 though does it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.