Reload this Page >

emigration companies

emigration companies

Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

tony maz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default emigration companies

hello everyone.

please can anyone recomend a good emigration company here in the uk.been thinking about emigrating to new zealand for a couple of years,but because of business intrests i and my family have been unable to take the plunge,but now we have decided to do it,finding a emigration company is a mine field,there is many to choose from,but would rather go with a company who comes recommended,i know it would be cheaper to do all the visa and other things myself but i just dont have the time at the moment,therefore i need a good company who wont rip me off,what is the normal price for these emigration companies.any help will be welcome:
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: emigration companies

I think the view is that you don't really need an emigration company unless you've got money to throw away. We've all been and are still going through the process and we help each other out.

What line of work are you in? Some people may have more expertise and be able to suggest agencies who can help you.

Good luck
Alison
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:33 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Originally Posted by tony maz View Post
i know it would be cheaper to do all the visa and other things myself
The thing is even if you go through an emigration company YOU still have to provide all the information and fill in the documentation.

Knowing what your line of work is would help
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:40 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

i just don't have the time at the moment
Fine, you don't have the time at the moment. Do the forms when you have the time. The submission of the expression of interest (EOI) is done online. You fill in the bits and bobs as you go and then save. It doesn't have to be done all in one whack. When it is complete and you are satisfied hit submit.

You will actually save time because the agent is going to have you doing the legwork anyway to collect the information and you'll waste time and money making sure that your agent fills in the required information correctly. Save your time and money doing it online at home instead of making your way to an agent's office and sitting in a waiting room whilst the agent fiddles around in his/her cubicle.

Seriously, if you are that busy you need to take stock of how you manage your time.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

I know that people on this site will tell you to do it all yourself and that is good advice, BUT, if you find you need on, try newlifenewzealand. Their fee for a family of 3 is around the £2k mark. Better than a company i was with in London who quoted me £6k+ !!!!!
I am using them as i am in the same boat. Too busy and not going on qualifications.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

tony maz is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for your replys.
we are still at a very early stage at relocating to new zealand.i am a plumbing and heating engineer with my own business here in the uk,my wife is a secratary
with a mortgage company,and i have 2 daughters aged 6 & 9.i have a friend in auckland who is also a plumber.i dont have money to burn so any savings doing everything myself and not employing a emigration company will be a bonus.

also if some one can help with this question.we totally want to relocate to new zealand we have 2 propertys 1 in the uk and 1 in france so both will have to be sold.what is the process,obviously im not going sell any of the propertys until i know we will be accepted in new zealand,selling the propertys could take a couple of years or less or more who knows.so say i put in a application for the visas in the next few months then get accepted,but dont sell my propertys for 2,3or 4 years will the visas get revoked.what im trying to say is is there a time limit on the visas,that when they get issued we basicly then have to leave the uk.hope you understand what im trying to say.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:22 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

thank you for your replys.
we are still at a very early stage at relocating to new zealand.i am a plumbing and heating engineer with my own business here in the uk,my wife is a secratary
with a mortgage company,and i have 2 daughters aged 6 & 9.i have a friend in auckland who is also a plumber.i dont have money to burn so any savings doing everything myself and not employing a emigration company will be a bonus.

also if some one can help with this question.we totally want to relocate to new zealand we have 2 propertys 1 in the uk and 1 in france so both will have to be sold.what is the process,obviously im not going sell any of the propertys until i know we will be accepted in new zealand,selling the propertys could take a couple of years or less or more who knows.so say i put in a application for the visas in the next few months then get accepted,but dont sell my propertys for 2,3or 4 years will the visas get revoked.what im trying to say is is there a time limit on the visas,that when they get issued we basicly then have to leave the uk.hope you understand what im trying to say.
I know what you are saying concerning time constraints. Here's the deal from my own understanding of how it works.

If you are successful in your application for permanent residence you will have one year from the issuance of your visas to arrive in New Zealand and activate them to receive your resident permits. It will state on your visa, in the upper right corner, when you have to arrive in New Zealand. As for how long you need to reside in New Zealand to keep your residency active I have heard that you need to be physically present in New Zealand for 184 days per year.

This is for the returning resident visa (your first one). After you have been here a couple of years you can apply for a indefinite returning resident visa whereby you can stay outside the country for extended periods and still return to resume residence (provided you show some attachment to the country).
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:25 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess your friend in Auckland has already got you clued up about the process for getting registered as a plumber in NZ?

If not, before you start on the visa process, you may want to talk to someone who knows about it. 'BEVS here' should be able to help you out with that. If she doesn't pick up on your post try sending her a private message.