emigration

Old Jan 24th 2015, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

stevearch0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default emigration

Good morning to you all.

My name is Steve. My wife and I,who are in our late 30's, are seriously considering moving over to nz in the next 18months or so.

My wife has been a qualified odp in the UK for 12 years. I believe the nz equivalent is an anaesthetic tech. Is their many opportunities for her to carry on with her occupation in nz?
Sorry for starting of with such a direct question, it's just the whole move would depend on this, as none of my qualifications seem to be of any use regarding the skills shortage in nz.

Many thanks, steve
Old Jan 24th 2015, 7:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: emigration

HI Steve, your wife would have to get her qualification reviewed and I believe she would have to register with the medical council. so your first port of call would be to do that and see what level they tag her at to see if you can be eligible for a visa. Your wife would apply as the main applicant with you and any children coming off the back of that visa. You would need to prove that you are a single unit, marriage certificate is not enough to prove a stable relationship, so joint bank accounts, bills, invites, holiday bookings, photo's etc will be required if and when you are selected to apply. so you could start to get things like that together whilst your wife starts of getting registration sorted.

had a quick look on seek.co.nz for anaesthetic-technician and there seems to be a few jobs listed all over the Islands so looking good for a prospect of finding something if you are eligible for a visa.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for your advice. So many things to look into, but at least one thing has been clarified for us. We shall look into it.
I will probably need a bit more help as we go along, so all advice is gratefully received

Regards Steve
Old Jan 25th 2015, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
You would need to prove that you are a single unit, marriage certificate is not enough to prove a stable relationship, so joint bank accounts, bills, invites, holiday bookings, photo's etc will be required if and when you are selected to apply.
Is that right? Wow. I am quite surprised by that.

Having said that, a good friend of mine in the UK had a fake marriage to her friend, so that he got rights to live in the UK. That was a bit weird, but very like her...
Old Jan 25th 2015, 7:11 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yes, having a marriage certificate and children does not hold water with Immigration. You have to show a day to day connection as a unit.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 7:14 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
yes, having a marriage certificate and children does not hold water with Immigration. You have to show a day to day connection as a unit.
Funnily enough that was one of the hardest things to find admissible evidence of...
Old Jan 25th 2015, 7:20 pm

was for us also as most the household bills were in my name only. mortgage and council tax I think was the only things we had together. luckily he had the broadband in his name so the address matched bills sent just to me.

we also sent in old FB and Skype chats, holiday bookings, photos, wedding/party invites, wedding/anniversary cards dating back 10years and more. The person who took our application at the office said it was very comprehensive which was a rarity as most people fail to read the manual but he could tell we had read it from start to finish.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Luckily most of our bills etc are in both of our names.so to is our bank account, so that should be one less thing to stress over!!