Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Emigrating with children

Emigrating with children

Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Twig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really nice
Default Emigrating with children

Hello all!

Newbie here. I've been lurking for a bit and as you seem full of useful info, I thought I'd try this one out on you.

My OH and I would love to immigrate to NZ (currently in process of NZQA assessments - so just started really). My question is, is a solicitor's letter stating my rights to remove my children from the UK (according to UK law) proof enough for an immigration officer?

The children are 10 and 11 and no longer have contact with their natural father. I wasn't married to him nor does he have Parental Responsibility. There were no court orders regarding visits or residency so it's very difficult for me to provide legal documents for NZIS when they don't exist!

The only other thing I have is a Step Parent Parental Responsibility agreement, signed by myself and hubby (also signed by courts) - just to show there is no one else with PR.

Has anyone ever gone through anything similar?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:25 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating with children

Hiya Twig and welcome the site

I cannot answer your query but if you ask (if you havent already) in the Immigration part of forum (link at top of page) one of the Immigration guru's should be able to help
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:26 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore that. I can see you have
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:01 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Twig

I've sent you a PM rearding your situation