British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Emigrating to Auckland from UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/emigrating-auckland-uk-629408/)

cheryl mac Sep 6th 2009 2:43 pm

Emigrating to Auckland from UK

Hi all!

Me and the hubby are emigrating from Liverpool to Auckland hopefully :fingerscrossed: in Jan/Feb. My parents emigrated to Orewa 3 yrs ago, we have visited twice and love it! Looking at the same area, from Orewa through to Stanmore Bay and maybe Gulf Harbour.

We have submitted our ITA and have just been assigned a case officer. Have sold our house and moved in with family so all our dreams rest on NZ Immigration London really!

Be nice to hear from anyone else in the same position, its always comforting to swap stories with other escapees erm emigrants ha :rofl:

Cadibel Sep 6th 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Emigrating to Auckland from UK

Hi there,

We too are hoping to emigrate in January - again Auckland. We will probably either settle at the North Shore 9same kind of area as you!) or Howick/ Beachlands area - depends where we get jobs:fingerscrossed:!

We submitted our visa application in March - just waiting for the last bit to go through and then, hopefully, our interview. Haven't sold our house though yet - thinking we might have to rent it :thumbdown:

We - btw - is my hubby Steve, kids Brogan (7) and Cadence (5) and me - Viktoria.

cheryl mac Sep 6th 2009 4:12 pm

Hi Viktoria,

Thanks for your reply, seems we are in pretty much similar situation! Do you or Steve have job offers? Are you going for perm res?

We dont have job offers so perhaps we will only get work to res and hopefully swap to perm res once over there and working. Still have :fingerscrossed: for perm res tho, much less pressure and stress!

We got really lucky with the house and 1st viewers bought, still in shock really!

Have to submit few more things to C/O but plan is to spend last xmas here and then go in the new yr.

Have you visited Orewa and surrounding? Its beautiful isnt it, really cant wait now! Where in the UK are you?

Very nice to meet you (and the other half and kids in theory!), my hubby is Fran, no kids yet :D we can stress and share the excitement!

scrubbedexpat094 Sep 6th 2009 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by cheryl mac (Post 7909053)
Hi Viktoria,

Thanks for your reply, seems we are in pretty much similar situation! Do you or Steve have job offers? Are you going for perm res?

We dont have job offers so perhaps we will only get work to res and hopefully swap to perm res once over there and working. Still have :fingerscrossed: for perm res tho, much less pressure and stress!

We got really lucky with the house and 1st viewers bought, still in shock really!

Have to submit few more things to C/O but plan is to spend last xmas here and then go in the new yr.

Have you visited Orewa and surrounding? Its beautiful isnt it, really cant wait now! Where in the UK are you?

Very nice to meet you (and the other half and kids in theory!), my hubby is Fran, no kids yet :D we can stress and share the excitement!

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome to BE. No doubt you will be going to the quiz in Gulf Harbour:rofl: Sure the parents are looking forward to you coming out, actually, I know they are. Hadn't realised you were on here too :thumbup:

cheryl mac Sep 6th 2009 7:32 pm

Ha ha who are you Vitalstatistix? Obviously someone who goes to my dads infamous quiz nights at Neptunes/Cap Diem?!

Its a small world hey... joined couple of months ago but just started proper looking couple of days ago. Lots of useful info! :eek:

scrubbedexpat094 Sep 7th 2009 8:23 am

Originally Posted by cheryl mac (Post 7909349)
Ha ha who are you Vitalstatistix? Obviously someone who goes to my dads infamous quiz nights at Neptunes/Cap Diem?!

Its a small world hey... joined couple of months ago but just started proper looking couple of days ago. Lots of useful info! :eek:

Have PM'd you Cheryl. I found it very useful when I joined a few years back now.

thecatjh Sep 7th 2009 9:02 am

Originally Posted by cheryl mac (Post 7908940)
Hi all!

Me and the hubby are emigrating from Liverpool to Auckland hopefully :fingerscrossed: in Jan/Feb. My parents emigrated to Orewa 3 yrs ago, we have visited twice and love it! Looking at the same area, from Orewa through to Stanmore Bay and maybe Gulf Harbour.

We have submitted our ITA and have just been assigned a case officer. Have sold our house and moved in with family so all our dreams rest on NZ Immigration London really!

Be nice to hear from anyone else in the same position, its always comforting to swap stories with other escapees erm emigrants ha :rofl:

Hi Cheryl and welcome , good luck with your move it can be full of excitement and nerves , if i can offer any advise on the movement of your effects then let me know :)
cheers
Paul

cheryl mac Sep 7th 2009 5:59 pm

Hi Paul - thanks for the welcome :rofl:

Are you a removal firm? We are looking at taking a few bits over but not everything we own!

:eek: