Reload this Page >

Emigrating to Auckland.

Emigrating to Auckland.

Old Jan 27th 2019, 6:44 am
Just Joined

BMW Master is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrating to Auckland.

Hey there,
I'm currently a BMW Master tech living in the NW of England, have a job offer and visa application lodged, I'm initially leaving the family behind, so not shipping everything over just yet, however I do need to get my tools and box over to NZ. Any advice or guidance would be most welcome.
Regards Andrew
Old Jan 27th 2019, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

valleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nice
Default Re: Emigrating to Auckland.

Contact all the relocation companies and see if they can fit it in a container that someone else is shipping over, failing that you could always ship it over with parcel post and deliver it to the company you'll be working for, if I was in Auckland I'd have you deliver it here but we are in New Plymouth.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by valleygurl
Contact all the relocation companies and see if they can fit it in a container that someone else is shipping over, failing that you could always ship it over with parcel post and deliver it to the company you'll be working for, if I was in Auckland I'd have you deliver it here but we are in New Plymouth.
thanks for that, but shipping would take to long, I think I need air freight, but it's estimating the weight n cost that's proving difficult
Old Jan 27th 2019, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Try the airlines. Some of them have extremely reasonable cargo rates.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BMW Master
Hey there,
I'm currently a BMW Master tech living in the NW of England, have a job offer and visa application lodged, I'm initially leaving the family behind, so not shipping everything over just yet, however I do need to get my tools and box over to NZ. Any advice or guidance would be most welcome.
Regards Andrew
What area and/or dealer are you headed?
Old Jan 28th 2019, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Auckland city, in the Newmarket area, so will be needing some accommodation ,initially for myself, so nothing too special, just somewhere to l at my head.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BMW Master
Auckland city, in the Newmarket area, so will be needing some accommodation ,initially for myself, so nothing too special, just somewhere to l at my head.
https://www.nzflatmates.co.nz/

This might help depending on length of time

The train line might suggest Ellersie as a nearby area? Although most dealers will be offering car as part of employment.

You will be a couple hundred meters from one of the better shopping precincts