Ely to Blenheim

Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:18 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ely to Blenheim

Originally Posted by Sharon005
Hi to all..

Well it's all go now....

Last Saturday 5th April we attended the NZ espo in London, we sold the house on Thursday 10th and hubby got his job offer in Blenheim yesterday Friday 11th!

I feel excited but also apprehensive like I am on an emotional rollercoaster

Is anyone else heading for the Marlborough region? as most people seem to be heading to the North Island.

We have 4 children aged 23, 19yrs, 13yrs and 10 yrs.
My eldest daughter and 2 grandchildren will be staying here. Leaving them will be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life

Katy who is 19 wants to go to uni in NZ, she is very out going , sporty and I know she will get on great.

Enough of my ranting I would love to hear from anybody else who is also making the huge move to a new life in NZ.

Sharon
Hi we moved from your part of the world (Cambridge but my parents live in Sutton) and are now settled in Nelson. We lived in Welly for a year which was ok but we really love being on the sth island. Off to UK for a holiday next month so will be in Sutton in June. Don't hesitate to ask any questions and if we can help on anything just ask. May see you in Ely tesco in June
Darren
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Genie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really nice

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Hi we moved from your part of the world (Cambridge but my parents live in Sutton) and are now settled in Nelson. We lived in Welly for a year which was ok but we really love being on the sth island. Off to UK for a holiday next month so will be in Sutton in June. Don't hesitate to ask any questions and if we can help on anything just ask. May see you in Ely tesco in June
Darren
Ok, this is getting weird!!

We come from Ely,well LT Downham, have lived in Sutton too and are now in Nelson!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Sharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Darren
Hi Darren & all

Great to hear from you.
Once again I know Sutton very well lol and Ely Tesco is still manic. There is a a brand new Sainsbury's in Mildenhall just opened which I like to shop at every other week.

Could I ask whether u used an agent to secure your visa's? and any advice you could offer another 'fennie' would be gratefully received.

I am leaving family & many friends here and hope to return at least x2 per year, though I dont know how realistic this aim is?

Thanks

Sharon
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Sharon can you pm me your e mail
Ta
Dawn
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Off2NZ will become famous soon enoughOff2NZ will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Ely to Blenheim

Originally Posted by Genie3
Ok, this is getting weird!!

We come from Ely,well LT Downham, have lived in Sutton too and are now in Nelson!!!!
Lol - shall we get a bit weirder then?? I come from Soham, currently living just outside of Nelson but moving to Blenheim next Friday!!!

Think we might need to arrange a good old 'Fenman' (or woman!) meet up soon! Lol.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Sharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Dawn

My email is <<snip>>.

Great to hear from someone in Blenheim!!! you have made my day lol

Sharon
Hi Forum

I have 5 children and 3 grandchildren ( in my intro I said 4 children & 2 grandchildren!!) My eldest Tom is 25 and has a little girl Millie aged 8 months how I forgot to mention them I dont know. My mind is crazy, forgetful and hpoefully they will visit us a soften as possible in NZ!

Brain is scrambled
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Off2NZ
Lol - shall we get a bit weirder then?? I come from Soham, currently living just outside of Nelson but moving to Blenheim next Friday!!!

Think we might need to arrange a good old 'Fenman' (or woman!) meet up soon! Lol.
Okay okay its weird amd weirder!!

I am from Soham (ELY) live near the Dr's surgery!

Sharon
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

thedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant future

Hi to thedonz & 'ozzidoc'

Hubby is an aircraft maintenance engineer and he had the job offer from Safeair located at Blenheim airport. We did not come accross the company you mentioned at the espo. Hope all goes well with your considered move to NZ.

Sharon
Hi Sharon and thanks for the reply.

I work for BAE Systems and I am time served as an Aircraft Fitter but also passed off for aircraft welding and have worked in the sheetmetal area for a long time helping produce pipework etc. I don't suppose you have any more info on the company your husband is going to work for do you? They wasn't at the Leeds expo, gutted.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sharon005.
We also off to Blenheim..
Been offered a job at the same place as your husband..
Anyway good luck with the process..
May be see you their
Regards
Squidd
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thedonz

I work for BAE Systems and I am time served as an Aircraft Fitter but also passed off for aircraft welding and have worked in the sheetmetal area for a long time helping produce pipework etc. I don't suppose you have any more info on the company your husband is going to work for do you? They wasn't at the Leeds expo, gutted.
Hi the website iswww.safeair.co.nz
Regards
Squidd
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Off2NZ will become famous soon enoughOff2NZ will become famous soon enough

Sharon
Oh my goodness! I'll PM you later - got a busy day first!!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by thedonz

Hiya Donz

Squiddly already replied to your message yes its www.safeair.co.nz

Good luck
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

thedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant future

Hi,

Thanks Sharon and Sqiddley, info much appreciated
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck...
hope it works out for you.....

Did you or are you working at Brough????
Just asking as i know a few people who use to work their.....
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Genie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really niceGenie3 is just really nice

Sharon
Ok, so whats the reason as to alot of fennies around the top of SI (or so it seems) are you all lifers from the Ely area so to speak!! Lived all my life in and within 5miles of Ely (34yrs)
Have to admit to missing good old Tesco a bit, the food here and the cost just can't beat it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.