Ely to Blenheim

Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Sharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the rough
Default Ely to Blenheim

Hi to all..

Well it's all go now....

Last Saturday 5th April we attended the NZ espo in London, we sold the house on Thursday 10th and hubby got his job offer in Blenheim yesterday Friday 11th!

I feel excited but also apprehensive like I am on an emotional rollercoaster

Is anyone else heading for the Marlborough region? as most people seem to be heading to the North Island.

We have 4 children aged 23, 19yrs, 13yrs and 10 yrs.
My eldest daughter and 2 grandchildren will be staying here. Leaving them will be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life

Katy who is 19 wants to go to uni in NZ, she is very out going , sporty and I know she will get on great.

Enough of my ranting I would love to hear from anybody else who is also making the huge move to a new life in NZ.

Sharon
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ely to Blenheim

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Yes there are lots of us in the South Island.
Hope all continues to go well for you.
We moved from Somersham 18mths ago and love it here as i'm sure you will.
Look forward to hearing more of your story.
Judy
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Sharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the roughSharon005 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Judy

Thanks for replying. I know Somersham very well. Where do you live now in the S Island? How does it compare to Somersham?
Sorry I know I'm being nosey.:embaressed_smile:

If there is any advice you can pass on we would be most grateful.

Thanks

Sharon
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sharon005
Hi to all..

Well it's all go now....

Last Saturday 5th April we attended the NZ espo in London, we sold the house on Thursday 10th and hubby got his job offer in Blenheim yesterday Friday 11th!

I feel excited but also apprehensive like I am on an emotional rollercoaster

Is anyone else heading for the Marlborough region? as most people seem to be heading to the North Island.

We have 4 children aged 23, 19yrs, 13yrs and 10 yrs.
My eldest daughter and 2 grandchildren will be staying here. Leaving them will be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life

Katy who is 19 wants to go to uni in NZ, she is very out going , sporty and I know she will get on great.

Enough of my ranting I would love to hear from anybody else who is also making the huge move to a new life in NZ.

Sharon
Hi Sharon,

We were at expo in London, last week, spoke to a company from Blenheim, offered a job, we're flying out on 26th April for our recce going all over north island and down south to see blenheim and the company and go from there. Come back and put in EoI, Get visa off we go.

j.j.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sharon005
Hi Judy

Thanks for replying. I know Somersham very well. Where do you live now in the S Island? How does it compare to Somersham?
Sorry I know I'm being nosey.:embaressed_smile:

If there is any advice you can pass on we would be most grateful.

Thanks

Sharon
Hi Sharon
We are in Methven, which is different from the fens.... we are in the foothills of Mt Hutt, its just wonderful.
Advice - pack EVERYTHING in the container......
My turn to be nosey....what line of work are you both in??
Must go .... be back on later
Judy
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:49 am
Just Joined

thedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant futurethedonz has a brilliant future

Hi, we went to the Leeds Expo yesterday (12/04/08).

Hope you don't mind me being nosey but what was the company you were offered a job with in Blenheim. I only ask because I was speaking to a guy called Andy Rowe who was representing a company called Cuddon who are a Manufacturing Engineering company in Blenhiem. He asked me to email my CV when we're ready to start the process ( We've only just started looking into emmigrating).

Just thought it co-incidental as I didn't see any other Blenhiem companies there and if its the same company I would be interested in watching how you get on and what the company is like. Generally being a nosey pain in the A**e

Thanks and Good luck
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - its is all go for you. Very exciting.

So you have sold your house as in money-in-the-bank? I ask, because numerous people on these boards seem to need to "sell" their house 3x over before that can actually leave.

Can I ask which estate agent you've used? I ask because I live not too far from you...a little closer to Cambridge
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Hi Judy

We were wondering whether to leave everything here or bring it with us, so thanks for the advice to bring everything with us.

Can we bring our TV's out with us? Some books say we can some say we cant. What about white good? fridge /freezer? tumble dryer?

My husband is an aircraft maintenance engineer and I am a social worker (for my sins lol). Hubby has his job offer but I am not looking to work full time until the children are settled.

Speak soon

Sharon
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi to thedonz & 'ozzidoc'

Hubby is an aircraft maintenance engineer and he had the job offer from Safeair located at Blenheim airport. We did not come accross the company you mentioned at the espo. Hope all goes well with your considered move to NZ.

No money is not in the bank from sale of house yet ( only had offer Thursday). We used Haart's estate agents and just pray it will go through to completion. We were very surprised at getting our asking price , considering the uncertain housing market at the moment.

Very exciting this emigrating thing but taking each day as it comes

Sharon
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

hi guys i have't been on here for a some time but i would like to say i have been to the factory at cuddons and they are a good firm the work shop is clean and they have all the tools for the job Thanks Dave
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa
hi guys i have't been on here for a some time but i would like to say i have been to the factory at cuddons and they are a good firm the work shop is clean and they have all the tools for the job Thanks Dave

Hi Dave,

We met andy and neville from cuddons, they seems very genuine, was good to see that neville chated to my girlfriend, and took some interest in what she did.
Did you see what the fridge side of the company is like? it all seems good, I'll find out for myself in a couple of weeks

j.j.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

See you soon!!!!

I have a 16 year old daughter and a 13 year old son and hubby works at safe (are you the same folks I have pm'd?)

We have been in Blenheim 17 months and love it!!!
Wow well done to you if I can be any help here just yell!!!

Last edited by Frenchy; Apr 13th 2008 at 8:58 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Just realised no you are not the same person!!! There are a few heading out here!!!! pm me you e mail and I will be in touch
LOL
Dawn
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jjthefridge
Hi Dave,

We met andy and neville from cuddons, they seems very genuine, was good to see that neville chated to my girlfriend, and took some interest in what she did.
Did you see what the fridge side of the company is like? it all seems good, I'll find out for myself in a couple of weeks

j.j.
yes the fridge side looked good when i was there they were programming a plc touch screen they have a stainless steel side and a mild steel side have you been to blenheim your self ? if you want to chat on the phone send me a pm and will have a chat to you about it if you want Thanks dave because i wil be working there
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Just realised no you are not the same person!!! There are a few heading out here!!!! pm me you e mail and I will be in touch
LOL
Dawn
Hi Dawn

My email is <<snip>>.

Great to hear from someone in Blenheim!!! you have made my day lol

Sharon

Last edited by Sue; Apr 13th 2008 at 11:07 pm. Reason: email address removed for privacy. It's not wise to post email addresses on a public forum, instead share such things via pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.