Just Joined

irfanali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electricity, white ware, furniture cost in NZ

Hello
Can some one share electricity, white ware, furniture cost in NZ

Regards
Old May 29th 2014, 6:39 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: electricity, white ware, furniture cost in NZ

lots of post already on this have a look through the threads or use the search function above
Old Jun 5th 2014, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Furniture - expensive.

Electricity: see on my blog re comparison of the bills and cost of living.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

I spend about the same on broadband as on electricity.

Electricity ain't that expensive (kiwi's seem to moan about it though).

Electrical goods are very reasonable to be honest but furniture is expensive and not that good. For a laugh google 'Mckenzie and Willis' and check out the prices.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Northern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of lightNorthern Henry is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by barnsleymat View Post
I spend about the same on broadband as on electricity.

Electricity ain't that expensive (kiwi's seem to moan about it though).

Electrical goods are very reasonable to be honest but furniture is expensive and not that good. For a laugh google 'Mckenzie and Willis' and check out the prices.
Just picked up some more of these in TK Max for £60...
Old Jun 6th 2014, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Furniture I think is expensive, new and second hand (second hand especially). Electricity rather cheap (although as said previously Kiwi's don't tend to think so).

Whiteware, again think that's a bit expensive.

NZ stores, particularly some of them always seem to be having sales, so price up things and then wait for the sale.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Electricity - very reasonable.
white good = 2-3 times that of UK
furniture = very expensive, but occasionally there is the odd bargain to be had.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Cate135 is an unknown quantity at this point

Electricity- just got our first bill and it was $125, we are two adults in a two bedroom house.

White Goods - expensive although the house we are in now came with oven/hob, fridge freezer, washing machine and dishwasher so saved us a fortune. Bought a hoover out of Briscoe in the sale from $249 to £89, it is good but no way worth the full price. Brought our microwave over but left our Halogen oven so picked one up here in the sale for $50, still to find a coffee machine but prices are shocking, miss my Tassimo.

Furniture - really need to look around, I bought two bar stools worth $300 and got them for $100 in the sale. It is hit and miss, but sales are your best option sometimes.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

sazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to behold

Try looking at smiths city - my husband and I find their furniture quite reasonably priced, although we havent actually purchased anything yet so not sure of the quality it seems pretty good.

Electricity for us is OK at the moment our monthly bill is about $150 - $200 and that is in a house with no insulation and a heat pump and electric heaters.