British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   electricity, white ware, furniture cost in NZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/electricity-white-ware-furniture-cost-nz-835143/)

irfanali May 29th 2014 12:37 pm

electricity, white ware, furniture cost in NZ

Hello
Can some one share electricity, white ware, furniture cost in NZ

Regards

MrsFychan May 29th 2014 6:39 pm

Re: electricity, white ware, furniture cost in NZ

lots of post already on this have a look through the threads or use the search function above

M_and_M Jun 5th 2014 8:47 am

Furniture - expensive.

Electricity: see on my blog re comparison of the bills and cost of living.

barnsleymat Jun 5th 2014 8:58 am

I spend about the same on broadband as on electricity.

Electricity ain't that expensive (kiwi's seem to moan about it though).

Electrical goods are very reasonable to be honest but furniture is expensive and not that good. For a laugh google 'Mckenzie and Willis' and check out the prices.

Northern Henry Jun 5th 2014 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by barnsleymat (Post 11288960)
I spend about the same on broadband as on electricity.

Electricity ain't that expensive (kiwi's seem to moan about it though).

Electrical goods are very reasonable to be honest but furniture is expensive and not that good. For a laugh google 'Mckenzie and Willis' and check out the prices.

Just picked up some more of these in TK Max for £60...:thumbsup:

ellenarosemary Jun 6th 2014 1:25 am

Furniture I think is expensive, new and second hand (second hand especially). Electricity rather cheap (although as said previously Kiwi's don't tend to think so).

Whiteware, again think that's a bit expensive.

NZ stores, particularly some of them always seem to be having sales, so price up things and then wait for the sale.

davros1984 Jun 6th 2014 8:11 am

Electricity - very reasonable.
white good = 2-3 times that of UK
furniture = very expensive, but occasionally there is the odd bargain to be had.

Cate135 Jun 16th 2014 3:56 am

Electricity- just got our first bill and it was $125, we are two adults in a two bedroom house.

White Goods - expensive although the house we are in now came with oven/hob, fridge freezer, washing machine and dishwasher so saved us a fortune. Bought a hoover out of Briscoe in the sale from $249 to £89, it is good but no way worth the full price. Brought our microwave over but left our Halogen oven so picked one up here in the sale for $50, still to find a coffee machine but prices are shocking, miss my Tassimo.

Furniture - really need to look around, I bought two bar stools worth $300 and got them for $100 in the sale. It is hit and miss, but sales are your best option sometimes.

sazzle1979 Jun 16th 2014 4:14 am

Try looking at smiths city - my husband and I find their furniture quite reasonably priced, although we havent actually purchased anything yet so not sure of the quality it seems pretty good.

Electricity for us is OK at the moment our monthly bill is about $150 - $200 and that is in a house with no insulation and a heat pump and electric heaters.