Electricians-Work

Old Dec 12th 2018, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

sparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Electricians-Work

Hi, I'm a qualified electrician, been living and working here in NZ for the past 6+ years, currently in Napier Hawkes Bay.
Just noticed that tradestaff are having an employment run over in the uk, offering jobs to prospective sparks and other trades.
No objections to them touting for business there, and mod knock back my post or advise changes if you like, or the post is wrong.

I know of a few electrical contractors, not just one man bands either, who are crying out for sparks , not just here in the bay, but across NZ.
If you contact these companies direct I'm more than sure they would be happy to help/

Employment agencies here are much the same as in the UK, parasites, they'll happily get you a job, pay you $21 an hour, charge the company $60, if you want to leave somebody has to pay a finders fee.
No personnel gain here, just witnessed a good spark I've worked with go through all this.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 8:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Electricians-Work

Electricians are on the NZ Immigration Long Term Shortage list.

That means that any NZ employer can offer an overseas electrician a job.

As always the overseas tradesman must meet the NZ qualification standards & become licensed.

It will be up to the prospective emigrant to educate any employer that it is a full time job offer first before any visa will be issued. NZ immigration will want to see that contract with any visa application.

BTW Sparkytoad. You have a PM
Old Dec 13th 2018, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

sparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Bevs.

Another guy worth getting in touch with would be Lewis Jones, you could find him on Linkedin, deals mainly with industrial electricians and trades, doing shut down works and the like.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Farleeey is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys don’t know where’s a good place/company to do the skills recognition course over here with do ya? I’ve just arrived on a working holiday visa, but thinking on getting registered whilst I’m here on that.

Was in at trade staff today actually 😂
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

kentspark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Farleeey
You guys don’t know where’s a good place/company to do the skills recognition course over here with do ya? I’ve just arrived on a working holiday visa, but thinking on getting registered whilst I’m here on that.

Was in at trade staff today actually 😂
best of doing it in the uk, the only do the regs test twice a year here the locals tell me, I went through GB construction training but it seems they arent called that anymore.

Im looking into who they are now and if they still exist, but you were able to complete the licence testing at any time of the year with them.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

kentspark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sparkytoad
Hi, I'm a qualified electrician, been living and working here in NZ for the past 6+ years, currently in Napier Hawkes Bay.
Just noticed that tradestaff are having an employment run over in the uk, offering jobs to prospective sparks and other trades.
No objections to them touting for business there, and mod knock back my post or advise changes if you like, or the post is wrong.

I know of a few electrical contractors, not just one man bands either, who are crying out for sparks , not just here in the bay, but across NZ.
If you contact these companies direct I'm more than sure they would be happy to help/

Employment agencies here are much the same as in the UK, parasites, they'll happily get you a job, pay you $21 an hour, charge the company $60, if you want to leave somebody has to pay a finders fee.
No personnel gain here, just witnessed a good spark I've worked with go through all this.

A lot of companies are not registered to fulfil the requirements of employing from the UK, also I have been in the meeting room and suggested looking to the UK to recruit due a shortage at the company I was working for only to be told by the boss that if any UK sparks wanted work here and form them specifically then they would have to approach the company, there was no interest in even trying to help or offer an incentive for someone in the UK to come over.

whereas,

when I came over with TRADESTAFF, they were easy to arrange interviews with over skype, they helped with information, they were happy for me to work where I wanted and even arranged a taxi to collect me on arrival and take me to my air bnb I was staying at.
obviously they take their cut, I was paid $30 and charged out at $55 and was on a contract so had all the usual workers rights and holidays, I'm now with a small spark company and negotiated $32 I know they charge me out at $65, with the only difference being I now get a van.

so my point is agencies give you the chance to get started in NZ, as long as you dont commit to some sort of 12 month contract then its also easy to move on if you want to.