Reload this Page >

Electricians - job offers

Electricians - job offers

Old Oct 31st 2006, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

miss_ck is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Electricians - job offers

Hi
I'm new to this site and would like to ask for some help. My OH is an electrician and has been invited to apply for residency on grounds of skills shortage. However, NZ embassy say that without a job offer, it could take around 7 months (and without job offer it's harder to get NZEWRB license too).

Are there any electricians out there who could advise us on where he might be able to find a job (web site addresses or actual names of companies you know are looking for people) - we've done some searching but there seems to be a bias towards Auckland and we're really looking for work in the south island.

OH's experience is self employed electrical contractor for around 20 years.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Off2NZ will become famous soon enoughOff2NZ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Electricians - job offers

Hi
My hubby is an electrician and we've recently been through all this! The way that he got his job offer was by emailing his CV to relatives that we have over here and they handed it to everyone they could think of and a week later hubby received a phone call at 6am one morning offering him a job! It didn't work quite as planned though as we were hoping to live in either Blenhem or Wellington (where my relatives live) but the job is in Auckland. Never mind though at least it got us here.

I'm afraid I can't help with actual names of companies who are looking for people, especially in the SI, but I am sure there will be other people who can help with that.

If there's any info you are looking for with regard to the EWRB process or electrical "stuff" then don't hesitate to PM me and we'll try and help. (We only moved here May of this year so it's all still relatively new to us!)

G

Originally Posted by miss_ck
Hi
I'm new to this site and would like to ask for some help. My OH is an electrician and has been invited to apply for residency on grounds of skills shortage. However, NZ embassy say that without a job offer, it could take around 7 months (and without job offer it's harder to get NZEWRB license too).

Are there any electricians out there who could advise us on where he might be able to find a job (web site addresses or actual names of companies you know are looking for people) - we've done some searching but there seems to be a bias towards Auckland and we're really looking for work in the south island.

OH's experience is self employed electrical contractor for around 20 years.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Off2NZ
Hi
My hubby is an electrician and we've recently been through all this! The way that he got his job offer was by emailing his CV to relatives that we have over here and they handed it to everyone they could think of and a week later hubby received a phone call at 6am one morning offering him a job! It didn't work quite as planned though as we were hoping to live in either Blenhem or Wellington (where my relatives live) but the job is in Auckland. Never mind though at least it got us here.

I'm afraid I can't help with actual names of companies who are looking for people, especially in the SI, but I am sure there will be other people who can help with that.

If there's any info you are looking for with regard to the EWRB process or electrical "stuff" then don't hesitate to PM me and we'll try and help. (We only moved here May of this year so it's all still relatively new to us!)

G
Hi
Thanks for your response. It's hard to know what to do for the best but we are struggling to get any news from the EWRB and the embassy told us it would help a lot if he got a job offer.
If I have any specifics, I'll PM like you said. Thanks for the help.
C
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

ryan mustchin is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
Im an electrician also awaiting for our ITA as we have 140 without a job offer(EOI AUG 06). EWRB have recognised my trade certs but I am waiting to go on a Safety Tution Training Course at NZ House London. Once I have completed this course I can apply for registration and get a provisional license as I need this to gain PR.
I have also sent numerous CVs to various companies in Auckland and Bay of Plenty but have had little response.The best way to get a job offer is to visit NZ as we are going to do in JAN.
Hopefully this might be of some help as we know how frustrating the whole process can be .
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ryan mustchin
HI
Im an electrician also awaiting for our ITA as we have 140 without a job offer(EOI AUG 06). EWRB have recognised my trade certs but I am waiting to go on a Safety Tution Training Course at NZ House London. Once I have completed this course I can apply for registration and get a provisional license as I need this to gain PR.
I have also sent numerous CVs to various companies in Auckland and Bay of Plenty but have had little response.The best way to get a job offer is to visit NZ as we are going to do in JAN.
Hopefully this might be of some help as we know how frustrating the whole process can be .

Hi
Thanks for this response too. We too have the 140 points without job offer but getting anything from EWRB is proving very difficult. Hopefully they will accept references and C&G certificates, etc. It's frustrating when you have all the skills and experience but can't progress with licenses.

I think we might start looking up companies in the area like you have and seeing if we get anywhere with that.

Thanks again.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ryan mustchin
HI

Hi

Sorry if i should PM Ryan instead but I just wondered if you could give me some info on how you got the EWRB to recognise your trade certs. Did you have to send references and the certificates by post or email and did they send you a letter that the NZ embassy of London considered appropriate?
In my situation, we got an email from NZEWRB and thought that was enough for the ITA but when I went in with all the paperwork, they said that's not enough and we can't progress your ITA until you have this 'letter'.

Could you please enlighten me.
Thanks a lot
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

ryan mustchin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by miss_ck
Hi

Sorry if i should PM Ryan instead but I just wondered if you could give me some info on how you got the EWRB to recognise your trade certs. Did you have to send references and the certificates by post or email and did they send you a letter that the NZ embassy of London considered appropriate?
In my situation, we got an email from NZEWRB and thought that was enough for the ITA but when I went in with all the paperwork, they said that's not enough and we can't progress your ITA until you have this 'letter'.

Could you please enlighten me.
Thanks a lot

Hi,
I sent my trade certs to EWRB and work history (photocopies of my city and guilds) and then completed the safety tution course in london. Hopefully when i get a job offer I will have all the necassary information to get provional registration