Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Electrician in UK looking for job in NZ

Electrician in UK looking for job in NZ

Old Aug 15th 2013, 11:50 am
Just Joined

platty1005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician in UK looking for job in NZ

Hi My name is Chris I have just started the process of migrating to NZ.
I have been given ok by NZEWRB to apply for a limited electrical licence just need an employer willing to take me on to push my points over 140. Can anyone give any help RE: employers, employment agents in Auckland Christchurch areas that can help with employers willing to take me on a limited licence. I am an experienced industrial and installation electrician over 30 years but finding the process of job hunting difficult as most adverts want fully licensed electricians. It seems like a chicken and egg situation.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
Old Aug 15th 2013, 12:02 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician in UK looking for job in NZ

Originally Posted by platty1005
I have been given ok by NZEWRB to apply for a limited electrical licence just need an employer willing to take me on to push my points over 140. Can anyone give any help RE: employers, employment agents in Auckland Christchurch areas that can help with employers willing to take me on a limited licence. I am an experienced industrial and installation electrician over 30 years but finding the process of job hunting difficult as most adverts want fully licensed electricians. It seems like a chicken and egg situation.
Hi Chris and welcome to BE

I've moved your post down to the NZ forums as you'll get advice from the people who know. I'm not sure how it works in NZ, but I've had a better response applying to those employers advertising direct rather than through an agency, but that may not work in NZ. Anyway, good luck with the search and hopefully someone will be along soon with more advice
Old Aug 21st 2013, 12:31 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician in UK looking for job in NZ

Originally Posted by platty1005
Hi Chris, Be careful when making payments to the EWRB. My husband is a sparky over here. We don't have a cheque book and so when he had to pay the fee for his practising licence we sent them our debit card details. They were supposed to charge us $90 but took out $2,048 instead by mistake. It was out of our international savings account and so incurred a transfer charge of $61. We are still waiting for the money to be returned even though they sent us an e-mail telling us of their mistake. This was a week ago. I get the feeling were going to have to fight for the charge to be refunded too. Use a cheque if possible.