Reload this Page >

electrician moving to NZ

electrician moving to NZ

Old Jul 9th 2019, 1:05 am
Just Joined

neilinnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question electrician moving to NZ

Hi,
i have already moved to NZ and have now started process to change over my qualifications (electrician) but company i served time with in UK went bust, so am having to do it through Self Statutory Declaration, has anyone else gone through this as i am really struggling to understand what is required in the declaration? any ideas of content overview would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Old Jul 9th 2019, 6:27 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: electrician moving to NZ

Originally Posted by neilinnz View Post
Hi,
i have already moved to NZ and have now started process to change over my qualifications (electrician) but company i served time with in UK went bust, so am having to do it through Self Statutory Declaration, has anyone else gone through this as i am really struggling to understand what is required in the declaration? any ideas of content overview would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Bit confused here.

The title says you are moving to NZ but you say you are already in NZ.

Are you working here as a sparky ?

Old Jul 9th 2019, 8:43 am
cym
Forum Regular

cym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nice

i've not heard of a Self Statutory Declaration, any chance of loading it to the site so we can see what you're on about?
Old Jul 9th 2019, 8:50 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cym View Post
i've not heard of a Self Statutory Declaration, any chance of loading it to the site so we can see what you're on about?
Self statutory is where you write it yourself basically ( or perhaps a 3rd party) and then have it certified ( sworn affidavit) through a Justice of the Peace/ Notary.

His prob is his firm went bust so that employer cannot provide the refs. I am assuming he has his trade quals certs etc.

Old Jul 11th 2019, 8:06 am
cym
Forum Regular

cym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nicecym is just really nice

Ah, got it. I had to do the same when I came because I'd been self employed for 17 years. I rang the EWRB and they had no idea what I was on about - so nothing new there then!
Old Jul 11th 2019, 9:29 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

Originally Posted by cym View Post
Ah, got it. I had to do the same when I came because I'd been self employed for 17 years. I rang the EWRB and they had no idea what I was on about - so nothing new there then!
OK. Fair play. So what did you present then?
Old Jul 11th 2019, 6:19 pm
cym
Forum Regular

i gave them a dossier of what I'd done in the 17 years I was self employed, backed up with references from some of my major clients. Pages and pages of "and then I took my screwdriver, Red and Yellow, 1000V insulated, size 2, and applied it to the screw head, brass, and turned the screw, clockwise to an applied torque of 2kN"....Honestly it was almost that dumb, because my first application "contained too little detail"!
But it didn't have to be certified!
Old Jul 12th 2019, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Esme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really nice

My husband listed his employers - worked for the council and then self employed so nobody to contact, we listed his employment dates, what he did - public buildings, alarms, door entry, lifts and qualifications/training and then got the JP at the library to certify. 40 yrs in UK but still needed 500 hrs of supervision and attend compliance training and 2 x week long courses - not cheap and you need to find that Supervisor/ job that will accept you with just a limited licence as they need to sign to get the licence. (that was our experience)