Reload this Page >

Electrician / Carpenter looking for work in NZ

Electrician / Carpenter looking for work in NZ

Old Nov 27th 2015, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Dudz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician / Carpenter looking for work in NZ

Hi people,

I am a 46yr old Electrician / Carpenter. English and running my business in France since 2008.

My original qualification was City & Guilds Electronics servicing . I have worked in the UK for most of my life doing domestic electrics and carpentry for a company, and then self employed in France.

Can I still sit the NZ exams ? and work in NZ ? or would it be easier to concentrate on the carpentry to get permanent residency ?
Also what are the chances of getting 2 or more years employment in this field in NZ based on my experience and the diploma I have ?
Old Nov 30th 2015, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Electrician / Carpenter looking for work in NZ

Sorry no-one has replied. But thought I'd bounce this to the top in the hope that some of the old-timers would come in to help with this inquiry. NZ registration looks promising to me, but I'm no expert!

Last edited by LoCarb; Nov 30th 2015 at 3:55 am.
Old Nov 30th 2015, 4:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Electrician / Carpenter looking for work in NZ

When did you last work as a sparky?