Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Electrical Stage 3 Practical Exam

Electrical Stage 3 Practical Exam

Old Mar 12th 2014, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

wakeride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrical Stage 3 Practical Exam

i will be going on a job search visa for smv so not sure if will be able to do it without paying international student fees as i need to do the course to get registered as this is part of the residency visa i am going to ring ewrb later to find out. the other option is find a job from the uk to get residency visa get registered then change to a job i want to do as most of the gas oil and industrial jobs require registration
Old Mar 14th 2014, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Downundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond repute

I have booked to do the electrical safety course in April. Does anybody have any idea what this involves? Below is the outline of the course. Am I expected to know all of this stuff by NZ regulations or am I taught the stuff?

Electrical Safety:
•Supervision of trainees
•Earthing requirements as listed in AS/NZS 3000:2007
•The installation, operation and testing of residual current devices (RCCB, RCBO, SRCD and PRCD)
•Prospective short circuit currents
•Testing and certification as listed in AS/NZS 3000:2007, AS/NZS 3760:2010 and the Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010.
•Inspection
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:58 pm
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of both, the tutor for want of a better word will talk through and explain a bit of the more detailed stuff, like amendments etc and there are a few of those, then assuming if its like what I did, you will get a test with some basic ohm's law and earth loop impedence calculations, then a bit more talking through testing and inspection, and then we went into pairs and carried out testing, just general stuff, earth loop, pscc and insulation resistance, its all pretty casual, they call it a refresher course and the new ruling is they need to be done every 2 years with the first aid and these course are normally done in the same evening one after another, and depending on the company they normally pay

Mick
Old Mar 15th 2014, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Downundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Mick, I originally thought it was going to be a training course. Looks like I better get reading the NZ regs and testing book then.

Graham.