electrical items

Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Rosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: electrical items

Hi,

Computer will work fine here (just bring multiplugs to plug it in).

Laptops are similar price to UK. Given a choice, I'd probably buy here as you won't have to worry about adapters/plugs and if you have any problems with it and need to send it for repairs then it would be a bit expensive to return it to the UK.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:20 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwiwoodpecker
hi
thanks for all advice and good wishes. we are thinking of bringing the tv as only 1 year old and then most other items as well.
just another quick question or 2. Does your computer need anything special doing to it or will it work ok in nz and also a slightly wierd question i know but does anyone knoware laptops any cheaper in nz compared to uk?
the computer is fine - keyboard layout is annoyingly different but otherwise sweet.

as far as laptops go - depends on £ vs. NZ$ vs. US$
at the moment the pound is low and NZ$ high so it might be cheaper to buy stuff in NZ.

but if you want a dell from the outlet you'll be waiting far longer to get one here than in UK as there is far more selection - have done both and the UK one was better value although I got the NZ one with about $800 off.

also Ebay is better for spare batteries, port replicators, etc than trademe so stock up on those - glad I did before we came over.

good luck!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:01 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

To help:

here is the Studio page on the Dell NZ Outlet store - you order via an Aussie number which gets you through to a Malaysian call centre. The machine they have on there is similar to one I got for the kids, although ours had the full 1920x1080 screen and ours was a little cheaper

Some of the stuff is really good value - 20 inch monitors for $130 delivered was too good and I missed out on one!

Good luck

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/topi...=nz&l=en&s=dfo
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

kiwiwoodpecker is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for info on laptops rosiesue and lardyl. the weblink is helpful