Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Electrical equipment

Electrical equipment

Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:12 pm
Master

properdivers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical equipment

Hi, we are (hopefully) flying out on 28th November, as soon as the final papers are signed on our house sale. Just need a quick question answered. Will my PC, stereo, video and Playstation work over there? I know they are 240 volts, but 50 cycles. I don't know what this cycle business is! Not taking the telly, gonna buy one out there, but I need my PC! Any help would be appreciated!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default Re: Electrical equipment

Originally Posted by properdivers
Hi, we are (hopefully) flying out on 28th November, as soon as the final papers are signed on our house sale. Just need a quick question answered. Will my PC, stereo, video and Playstation work over there? I know they are 240 volts, but 50 cycles. I don't know what this cycle business is! Not taking the telly, gonna buy one out there, but I need my PC! Any help would be appreciated!
Bring all your electrical appliances, just change the plug over when you get here. They will all work fine. The UK TV will only work with sky though, otherwise you only get picture no sound.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:51 pm
Isle of Wight Chick

silvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant future
Default Re: Electrical equipment

just buy tons of NZ plugs from the warehouse and you're all set to go. they cost about $3 each which is about a quid. it took us a good year to finally get all our electrical stuff kitted out with NZ plugs. but remember to bring UK adapters for things like phone chargers and other charger things because u cant change the plugs on those. u can buy uk adapters over here but they are something like $13 which is ridiculous for a plug!