Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

electric companies ????

electric companies ????

Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

chay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant future
Default electric companies ????

Hi everyone, we are coming out in 3 weeks we are going to be living in hataitai wellington,was just wondering about electric companies and how easy it would be to get it sorted from uk before we arrive.Is there any particular companies to avoid? is it like the uk loads that promise this and that and then when have a problem never can get hold of them.would be grateful for some advise
thanks kerrie
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:27 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough
Default Re: electric companies ????

We use Genisis and they seem to be a very fair company up to now no probs .Biggest laugh was just getting the leccy turned on ,took 3 days and some hot fone calls ,the electrician turned on the wrong house 3 times till I said I will meet you there and you can just picture his face.Doeas a number 1 look like a 7,I just prayed he wasn`t colour blind as well you know red to red green to red Blue to bits
PS it aint that cheap here for leccy so use it carefully in winter with those heaters .
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:43 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: electric companies ????

We use Genesis too. Make sure you get on the correct plan or you could end up paying more than you should. They'll advise you but check as they put us on the wrong one and we had $120 more on our first month's bill than we should have.
We complained and got it refunded but just watch 'em