Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Election Law & Democracy

Election Law & Democracy

Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:07 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Election Law & Democracy

Really interesting to read some of the comments regarding the recent outcry against what some people are calling a threat to democracy in New Zealand.

There is a headline in today’s herald also offers some comment that Helen Clarke made. (I dare not post the link otherwise, the mods will be on me again ).

Worth a read.

Hey, wasn’t it a lovely sunny day here in Auckland. We are having such great weather now.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:21 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election Law & Democracy

Originally Posted by Campbells
Really interesting to read some of the comments regarding the recent outcry against what some people are calling a threat to democracy in New Zealand.

'Investigate' magazine ran a feature on this electoral stitch-up.

It's quite amazing that they are trying to pass a law that makes certain types of criticism of the government illegal.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:33 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Avid

It's quite amazing that they are trying to pass a law that makes certain types of criticism of the government illegal.
yeah, having spent a few years in Africa makes me a bit concerned

I had better watch what I post in here then ............
Attached Thumbnails Election Law & Democracy-apathy.jpg  
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:41 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Avid

Well if we can't film them sleeping in parliment then ..................

But seriously we can't have some half wit go on how bad the government is and tell it how it really is otherwise we would have National in power