elaine

Old Oct 5th 2015, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

elaineesther1953 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile PARENT CATEGORY TIER 1(SPONSORSHIP)

Hi all am new to this forum.

Just trying to find out and communicate with any recent UK parents received visa under parent one sponsorship avenue. My son from uk but married a kiwi girl and a PR now.

We submitted EOI end of May 2015 and believe the wait could be up to 12 months.

Just be good to know if any other parents in their early sixties have accomplished being granted visa recently.

I know all is subject to health , character reports plus proof of relationship but is this a realistic dream?

Also I recently read something which made me think if you have other children who live say in Uk then this may not be acceptable.

I though this was previously the case but no longer!

Be great to talk to people who have been orare in similar situation.

Thanks
Elaine

Last edited by elaineesther1953; Oct 5th 2015 at 3:59 pm. Reason: incorrect thread title
Old Oct 11th 2015, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: elaine

I looked at bringing me father over last year and it seems to be the case that if he has other
children in then uk then he is not eligible for PR
Old Oct 11th 2015, 5:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Not sure if this link will work.

FACTSHEET

It states this

A ’centre of gravity’ requirement will no longer apply to the Parent Category
However one must not have what is seen as a dependent child.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

I have read the centre of gravity situation now not relevan since new parent category introduced in 2012 and for tier1!!!
Old Oct 11th 2015, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Also would we not have been told this when iNZ received by EOI in May 2015 as they look over applications I believe beforr deciding if all looks acceptable before entering the pool!!!??
Also surely our immigration adviser would have told us this before even completing EOI??
Old Oct 11th 2015, 6:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elaineesther1953
Also surely our immigration adviser would have told us this before even completing EOI??
I personally not rely on an Immigration Advisor being the be all and know all, I would check everything I am told before deciding if it was factual or not. we initially looked at an immigration advisor but after checking some of the information they gave us and finding out it was not correct we did it ourselves with the help of this site and phoning INZ in London for confirmation of any queries.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 8:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by elaineesther1953
I have read the centre of gravity situation now not relevan since new parent category introduced in 2012 and for tier1!!!
That is as the NZIS factsheet seems to state.

When thinking about this , it is worth remembering that NZ Immigration policies are not altered with just a Europe nucleus family in mind. It is with a thought to other nations such as China and India.

If NZ is wishing and hoping for the pick of those nations to emigrate to New Zealand, then it must have a thought for ability to settle. That includes possibilities for older family members to join but not just that, for that family to be able to independently sustain themselves.

That is why the parent category was altered.