British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Educational psychologists moved from UK to NZ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/educational-psychologists-moved-uk-nz-767688/)

saltypop Aug 8th 2012 6:39 pm

Educational psychologists moved from UK to NZ?

Has any EPs made the move to New Zealand? If so I'd love to know how it's going as I'm also thinking of making the move. Any info would be much appreciated. Ta

snaps Aug 8th 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Educational psychologists moved from UK to NZ?

Not sure, but you'd be welcome if the first anyway.

saltypop Aug 9th 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks
Any ideas what it's like for work out there?

scrubbedexpat094 Aug 9th 2012 10:43 pm

Hello & welcome to our friendly NZ forums Saltypop :D

I found 3 jobs on www.seek.co.nz & there seems to be more on www.careerjet.co.nz

Hope these sites are useful to you.

Best of luck :fingerscrossed:

snaps Aug 10th 2012 8:19 am

'SEEK' appears to be the most popular and easy to use. I have no idea on requirement for work in your field in NZ at present, but always looking for talented people.

saltypop Aug 10th 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks guys. I've managed to make contact with an old friend who has moved to Auckland so hopefully that will give me some more leads. Cheers all.

Curlu Aug 11th 2012 8:27 am

My husband is a neuropsychologist and has just completed his NZ psychologists board registration...wasn't too difficult. He then applies for a practising certificate when he gets a job offer. He has been working with Psych Recruitment who have been very helpful!

saltypop Aug 11th 2012 9:21 pm

Oh thanks that was my next thing to look into. I hope you and your husband find what you want.

Tan0410 Aug 14th 2012 7:14 am

Psych Recruit also responsible for husband and I having jobs here. Was five years ago but can't recommend them enough :)

Curlu Aug 14th 2012 7:23 am

Hi Tan0410, my husband has a trip booked for next week to interview for a job in Hamilton, I see you are in Cambridge. This is an area we are considering, would love to hear about it from you but probably not good to hi-jack this thread, so can I PM you?

Pamela

Tan0410 Aug 14th 2012 7:45 am

Absolutely. I work as a Psych for Corrections in the city and live in Cambridge. I Recently returned to this site as my father is going though the sponsorship process.

This site is invaluable for seeing the positives and the pitfalls of NZ. What I can say is that (despite the ups and downs life would probably always have thrown us no matter where we lived) for us it works.

A decent salary helps (although that may well be defined differently by different people).

PM away

Tan0410 Aug 14th 2012 7:51 am

Saltypop, when I was liaising with psych recruit it felt like a very personal service. The chap I dealt with, in the main, was called Doug McCall. It may be worth asking him if he has assisted any other educational psych's, and whether they may be willing to talk with you. Just a thought.

saltypop Aug 14th 2012 12:15 pm

Thank you everyone. After a conversation with and Ed Psych in Auckland I don't think jobs are going to be a problem and I am now going to start the process of registering with the NZ psych board. I appreciate everyone's comments and will soon be back asking about dogs areas etc. x