Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Education in new zealand

Education in new zealand

Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

nirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nice
Smile Education in new zealand

Dear All,

I am trying to get my head around the education system. What do children leave secondary school/college with in new zealand? I mean in england by the end of secondary school children do the GCSE's, then if they want they do 6th form (age 16 - 18) it is A levels. Then university for diploma/ degree's etc.

What is the system like in New Zealand? and do students going to university have student loans like in england? How long is a degree course in new zealand? as in england you study for 3 years but in scotland it is 4 years.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks,

nirrade.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:38 am
Just Joined

hotel1 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Education in new zealand

hi there
5th form the students undertake a program for qualifications called ncea, 6th and 7th form they gain entry level qualifications to university and try for bursarys. yes students have student loans and the normal course at university is 3 years dependent on the program. law, medicine, dentistry and some business papers take more time and of course if they go for a masters program that will add time. there is a site www.studenthub.co.nz which may provide more information on university training.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Education in new zealand

Hi there, there are also over 40 schools in New Zealand which offer the International Cambridge course to students, comparable with the UK GCSE, AS level and A level exams, all internationally recognised qualifications http://www.acsnz.org.nz/