Reload this Page >

eBay / trade me - help please!

eBay / trade me - help please!

Old May 28th 2015, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Pete4792 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default eBay / trade me - help please!

Hi

Do many people use eBay and or trade me in nz?

Do you know if it's possible for me to sell into Australia from nz?

Is it expensive to ship to aus from nz?

What sort of costs do trade me charge for selling in nz?

Any info on any of the above would be greatly appreciated
Old May 28th 2015, 8:39 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eBay / trade me - help please!

costs depends on what you are selling and for how much, if you want to set up as a regular trader you may have to set up a trading account.
as for postage costs that again depends on what it is, how big and how much it weighs.
Old May 29th 2015, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pete4792
Hi

Do many people use eBay and or trade me in nz?

Do you know if it's possible for me to sell into Australia from nz?

Is it expensive to ship to aus from nz?

What sort of costs do trade me charge for selling in nz?

Any info on any of the above would be greatly appreciated
There is no eBay in NZ. The nearest is in Australia, then the US. I use it every now and then to buy stuff overseas and deliver to NZ but not that often. It's actually better to pay a little bit more from an overseas retailer and have them deliver it than use eBay in my opinion. Feels safer at least.

You are allowed to use TradeMe to sell in NZ or Australia and the seller must actually be in NZ or Australia. You cannot send items outside of these countries and the item being sold must comply with the law in NZ if that is where you are selling from.
Selling isn't cheap on TradeMe - Fees and fee calculator | Help | Trade Me.
Old May 29th 2015, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

desmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nice

I really miss gumtree - awsome for flogging crap round the house.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Pete4792 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks you!

Do you know if you use PayPal to buy/sell?
Old Jun 1st 2015, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pete4792
Thanks you!

Do you know if you use PayPal to buy/sell?
You can use PayPal in nz but in all honesty it's not that we'll known or used in my experience. TradeMe has some payment method that I've never signed up for and I doubt it's anything like PayPal. I still use my uk PayPal every now and then but maybe for the odd ebay purchase or overseas website purchase. Can't say I've used it on a TradeMe purchase or even when buying online from an NZ retailer ?
Just had a look. It's called Pay Now. Allows you to accept credit card payments from people buying from you so nothing like PayPal. When selling on TradeMe you cannot add PayPal as a method of payment on the advert however the method of payment you agree with the buyer privately is up to you.

Last edited by escapedtonz; Jun 1st 2015 at 10:30 am.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmm I though EVERYONE in NZ had a TradeMe account :-)

Gill