Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Easing of travel requirements in 2022

Easing of travel requirements in 2022

Old Nov 28th 2021, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easing of travel requirements in 2022

Originally Posted by Justcol View Post
The rules for grand children are simple.
You love them to bits, cuddle them, pull funny faces and make silly noises, and when they start to smell or cry you hand them back to mum πŸ˜‚
Sound like good rules to me πŸ˜‚
Old Nov 28th 2021, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Clareuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if the easing of rules will ease now though with the new covid variant hitting the headlines already cases here in the UK and Australia.
what is it called Omicron or something.

Old Nov 28th 2021, 4:48 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clareuk View Post
I wonder if the easing of rules will ease now though with the new covid variant hitting the headlines already cases here in the UK and Australia.
what is it called Omicron or something.
The doctor who discovered it says that symptoms are "extremely mild" and has said she believes the panic is unnecessary. It will be a few weeks before we know if there is any difference in vaccine response or treatments. The CEO of Modern commented that, even if a new vaccine was needed, it could be shipped in early 2022.

I hope we listen to the scientific advice or the folks working on this before doing anything stupid.
​​​​​​

Last edited by Charismatic; Nov 28th 2021 at 4:51 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 9:32 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

That was misquoted & was a GP not an Epidemiologist : Dr Coetzee, who was briefing other African medical associations on Saturday, made clear her patients were all healthy and she was worried the new variant could still hit older people – with co-morbidities such as diabetes or heart disease – much harder.
This here:
We’re seeing a marked change in the demographic profile of patients with COVID-19,” Rudo Mathivha, head of the intensive care unit at Soweto’s Baragwanath Hospital, told an online press briefing.

β€œYoung people, in their 20s to just over their late 30s, are coming in with moderate to severe disease, some needing intensive care. About 65% are not vaccinated and most of the rest are only half-vaccinated,” said Mathivha. β€œI’m worried that as the numbers go up, the public health care facilities will become overwhelmed.”
Taken from here:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...led-by-omicron
Old Nov 28th 2021, 10:37 pm
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

One person's stupid is another person's sound common sense.

It will be several weeks before scientists have enough real world data to make any sort of public statements of substance about this . Until then caution is wise.
We've seen what sitting on the hands with heads in the sand , wishing for the best does for a pandemic. It infects people un-necessarily. It encourages spread. It increases risk and the knock on effect is that stymies life & living within communities and nations. All for the sake of rush.

Here is hoping that lessons have been learnt.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Just when we thought we might be freed and safe to start making travel plans to see the fam in 2022 - looks likely we will have to delay for another year.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 11:47 pm
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles View Post
Just when we thought we might be freed and safe to start making travel plans to see the fam in 2022 - looks likely we will have to delay for another year.
I hear you Bo-J . I've all but written off a permanent return now what with one thing and another but still hope that we might make a visit. It has been nearly 12 years now.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Clareuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear you!!
Old Nov 28th 2021, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone thought they were going anywhere anytime soon, they're deluded. My son is getting married in Paris next November. I'm not holding my breath that I'll be there
Old Nov 29th 2021, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol View Post
If anyone thought they were going anywhere anytime soon, they're deluded.
Count me in as one of the deluded!! It was a brief but fanciful moment of madness; on hearing MIQ was no longer necessary for returnees I dared to check out the price of flights on Expedia. LOL
Old Nov 29th 2021, 2:39 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

Count me in as one of the deluded!! It was a brief but fanciful moment of madness; on hearing MIQ was no longer necessary for returnees I dared to check out the price of flights on Expedia. LOL
What were the prices like?
Old Nov 29th 2021, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
$1500 return, flying into Paris and return from rome
Old Nov 29th 2021, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you Bo-J . I've all but written off a permanent return now what with one thing and another but still hope that we might make a visit. It has been nearly 12 years now.
What's the pull or why is it written off if you dont mind me asking?
Old Nov 29th 2021, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Well commenting on the initial post and easing, the easing of restrictions does seem a tad slow, but plenty of water under the bridge until we get there, and it's unusual to have such advance notice, so we should be grateful for small mercies!

At the risk of commenting on the original thread and this being deleted, the govt seemed to take advantage of the mess in the National party and buried bad news on Friday with the unfavourable Roche report (good time to bury bad news as Tony Blair would say! - I have voted for Blair in the past, so hopefully not another reason to the delete the post), including 11 weeks ago our 5th week of Level 4 lockdown was against the advice, that things were sufficiently controlled to go L3 in Auckland and L1 in the remainder of the country then.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...ROVMOLTR6OI5A/
and that we were not quite as Covid Delta ready as we were led to believe.

On the new thing Omicron variant, time will tell, things seem to have cool on the earlier Mu variant.

Old Nov 29th 2021, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was looking at Singapore Airways around June and July (before UK Summer Holidays) and they were around $2,400 which wasn't as bad as I had thought they might be but not a great deal of choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright Β© 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.