Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Easing of travel requirements in 2022

Easing of travel requirements in 2022

Old Feb 15th 2022, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easing of travel requirements in 2022

I'm coming back in June/July, just lots to organise till then. Been delayed many times but I'm ok with that.

I've finally succumbed to the good old Covid! In second day of 7 day isolation. After now much we have been slammed at work in aged care, nice to have a weeks break to be honest.

Just had my booster on Saturday as well!
Old Feb 15th 2022, 11:38 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mishclark
I've finally succumbed to the good old Covid!
Ah well. Get well soon.
Old Feb 15th 2022, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Ah well. Get well soon.
Thank you! I didn't know, I'm asymptomatic, my suspicion was when my asthma cough got a bit testy in the last day or so and wouldn't go away so I did a rapid test.
Old Feb 16th 2022, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I've finally succumbed to the good old Covid! In second day of 7 day isolation. After now much we have been slammed at work in aged care, nice to have a weeks break to be honest.
Hope you get plenty of rest - I think it's only a matter of weeks and we'll all be in the same boat and comparing symptoms.
Old Feb 21st 2022, 2:48 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Travellers to New Zealand should be vigilant, although the exact number of people in MIQ at any time isn't published and there is no randomised testing regime in New Zealand to accurately plot cases by my calculations it is now more probable that travellers will contract Covid-19 within New Zealand than prior to entry. We've passed the crossover point.

In addition for those looking to book travel the New Zealand government is talking about very extended measures remainig in place: RNZ.
Old Feb 22nd 2022, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Hope you get plenty of rest - I think it's only a matter of weeks and we'll all be in the same boat and comparing symptoms.
I agree, so many people I know here in Oz have had it or have it, including my adult daughters. Baby escaped it thankfully!

I'm out of isolation today, back to work tomorrow. Was ok, just an asthma cough and a bit tired the last few days. I was lucky..
Old Feb 22nd 2022, 4:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I agree, so many people I know here in Oz have had it or have it, including my adult daughters. Baby escaped it thankfully!

I'm out of isolation today, back to work tomorrow. Was ok, just an asthma cough and a bit tired the last few days. I was lucky..
Luck in this is good news and why shouldn"t you have some good luck. Health is everything.. Glad to read the bab escaped it.

Old Feb 22nd 2022, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
Luck in this is good news and why shouldn"t you have some good luck. Health is everything.. Glad to read the bab escaped it.
Thanks Bevs! Bubs is 3 months today!
Old Feb 22nd 2022, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I think the fact the queen has COVID and is still performing light duties today at the age of 95 speaks volumes for the level of panic and hysteria being shown by so many who it seems will have little or nothing to talk about if it weren't for COVID
There is probably a greater risk to health involved in crossing the road than contracting covid and it's getting that discussions about the various tactics involved in crossing roads safely would be more interesting than the endless nonsense constantly being churned out about COVID by some on here. It got so dull that the COVID thread was closed because some of us were contemplating hari-kari as a more productive experience than suffer more baseless assumptions and references to pointless articles. Things were good for 5 minutes until the king of COVID highjacked another thread, and so it continues ad nauseam
The rest of the world is done with it, yet the sad sacks here are still bleating on about articles and statistics that are to all intents and purposes completely irrelevant.
for gods sake just let it go, get a life and move on.

Last edited by Justcol; Feb 22nd 2022 at 9:33 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2022, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Clareuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Justcol
I think the fact the queen has COVID and is still performing light duties today at the age of 95 speaks volumes for the level of panic and hysteria being shown by so many who it seems will have little or nothing to talk about if it weren't for COVID
There is probably a greater risk to health involved in crossing the road than contracting covid and it's getting that discussions about the various tactics involved in crossing roads safely would be more interesting than the endless nonsense constantly being churned out about COVID by some on here. It got so dull that the COVID thread was closed because some of us were contemplating hari-kari as a more productive experience than suffer more baseless assumptions and references to pointless articles. Things were good for 5 minutes until the king of COVID highjacked another thread, and so it continues ad nauseam
The rest of the world is done with it, yet the sad sacks here are still bleating on about articles and statistics that are to all intents and purposes completely irrelevant.
I think everyone has the right to an opinion tho
I know I myself personally have found this site a great resource 🙂
Old Feb 22nd 2022, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Hallelujah!!!

The fact Western Australia is opening up and easing restrictions before us tells you something.

I won't comment on the Self-Isolation requirements set in place.
Old Feb 27th 2022, 3:27 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Speculation that isolation requirements for travel will be removed imminently.
Old Feb 27th 2022, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Clareuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Speculation that isolation requirements for travel will be removed imminently.
Here’s hoping seems a little silly when there are soooo many cases in Nz and those coming back have to have a pcr test etc to fly.
Old Feb 27th 2022, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

could have happened months ago with the same effect. No one has been saved, 1000's have lost jobs, and businesses have been ruined. The expert scientific advice they claim to follow hasn't got it right on any occasion. It's disgraceful the way this has been handled
Old Feb 27th 2022, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...-another-month

Wellington Airport owners applying common sense.

How on earth can we have these ludicrous self isolation requirements, when a Kiwi returning to Invercargill from Australia is now required to self isolate when they reach their home

Using this example, on their way home they get a domestic flight to Invercargill from Auckland. Potentially on top of that, they may get a taxi or a bus etc (if they don't drive) before reaching where they need to

So potentially could have affected hundreds of Kiwis during their journey to their self isolation

I cannot work out how this rule was put in place, given these scenarios that could easily arise. Feel free to affect as many domestic travellers as you want, then please self isolate.

Scrap the self islation rule. Other countries have done so, even Western Australia are scrapping it for vaccinated travellers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.