earthquake in UK

Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice
Default earthquake in UK

This morning at 0058 am uk time an earthquake first thought to be 4.7 on the richter scale was increased to a 5.4 category hit 12 miles from Lincoln and caused shock waves felt as far away as Southampton to the south and Newcastle uopn Tyne to the north.
hook up to Sky news for more details.
I was at work and was working on the computer when the wall moved and the desk moved, made me jump back away from the desk I can tell you. If you have never been in that situation before it was a bit scarey.
Thought I would share this info with all of you in NZ .

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...307071,00.html
You might have to copy to your browser sorry.....
Steve and Dee
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:43 am
Just Joined

sophiekins is a jewel in the roughsophiekins is a jewel in the roughsophiekins is a jewel in the roughsophiekins is a jewel in the roughsophiekins is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: earthquake in UK

Hiya - we experienced our first eartquake in Wellington last year (the biggie at Gisbourne)- but we were well warned!! Was scary. My mum lives in Hull (East Yorks) and she said she was almost shook out of bed and so shocked - but I reckon more of the same for us here - neer mind! I was talking to lad at Christmas and he said a couple of years ago they had a real 'shaker' in Welly every day for 7 days on the trot - how scary is that?! Still if its happening in Hull - I'll take my chances here! x
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sophiekins View Post
Hiya - we experienced our first eartquake in Wellington last year (the biggie at Gisbourne)- but we were well warned!! Was scary. My mum lives in Hull (East Yorks) and she said she was almost shook out of bed and so shocked - but I reckon more of the same for us here - neer mind! I was talking to lad at Christmas and he said a couple of years ago they had a real 'shaker' in Welly every day for 7 days on the trot - how scary is that?! Still if its happening in Hull - I'll take my chances here! x
One of my kiwi friends here at the mo said it made her feel more at home!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:53 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing. I hope no-one was hurt.

We have experienced 3 earthquakes ,of varying degrees ,during the past 4 years.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

No one was injured thanks but it was a bit hairy...... ooooooooo and we shall have to get used to them I would suppose as I have had a job offer, accepted, and put in EOI things are now moving..... whopppppppppeeeeeeeeeeee...
Nelson is where we are heading all being well, as I know I am a bit of an optimist and think cant guarentee anything until we have that stamp in the passports.......
Still we cant stop grinning now..........
Steve and Dee.x