British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Earthquake survivors BBQ !! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/earthquake-survivors-bbq-684354/)

Jan n Neil Sep 6th 2010 11:26 pm

Earthquake survivors BBQ !!

If theres enough interest i will do one :thumbup:

Who fancies it and what dates are best

Neil

Krustalia Sep 7th 2010 3:07 pm

Re: Earthquake survivors BBQ !!

Hi
Would love to come, although not technically a survivor of the earthquake as we haven't arrived yet - we're due to land in Christchurch on September 27th.
But we have had a description of the terror from our friends who live in Oxford - it sounded awful.

Toon_Nut Sep 7th 2010 7:19 pm

I think that's a cracking idea Neil.

I'm not coming obviously, for two reasons;
1 - I'm in Blighty
2 - I didn't survive no earthquake

But it's a nice gesture to all who did, if I had a hat on I'd take it off to you mate, well done!!

:thumbup:

Am Loolah Sep 7th 2010 9:34 pm

Lovely idea Neil, good to share experiences and emotions after something like that. Oh and drink ... :lol:

shirl Sep 7th 2010 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 8830631)
If theres enough interest i will do one :thumbup:

Who fancies it and what dates are best

Neil

Great idea hopefully not on a day like today, are you planning to do it when it all settles down and bit and what area of chch are you in?

Jan n Neil Sep 7th 2010 11:26 pm

We are in Mandeville near Ohoka/Rangiora

BEVS Sep 8th 2010 12:08 am

:starsmile: is wot you are.

I'd come to drink all your wines and beers just coz I felt the first quake , but am too far away & am a woosy when it comes to 'states of emergency ' zones.

Barberella Sep 9th 2010 2:34 am

Hi Neil, we live in Barrington Christchurch! BBQ sounds a fab idea, let me know the dates and will be there! No kids? My boy is 12 :D

Persephone Sep 10th 2010 3:24 am

Great idea:thumbup:
I'm up for meeting people anyway, earthquake or not! Got a few things planned for the next few weeks though...
Sue:D

Tray Sep 10th 2010 11:29 pm

Great idea, anytime is good for us:thumbup:it'll be good to see you both again:thumbsup:

Jan n Neil Sep 14th 2010 1:08 am

Kids are fine we have 4 dogs to entertain them any date that suits everybody you lot tell me !

Barberella Sep 14th 2010 10:12 am

Where about do you live?

Stormer999 Sep 14th 2010 3:34 pm

All cocktails to be shaken and not stirred....................:rofl:

andyp968 Sep 18th 2010 10:15 am

:thumbsup:Hi there Jan & Neil we are up for a BBQ but we cant make labour day weekend as we are doing something with the child cancer fund raising at hanmer springs golf club all welcome, we met at Bob and Dee,s place in west eyreton our little one had the cancer....:thumbup:

Am Loolah Oct 4th 2010 8:42 pm

What's happening with this meet up? Do you guys have a date? How are you all doing? I hear there are continuous aftershocks still. Are things settling down or are you still living on your nerves?

Update please!!:cool: