Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

earthquake in porirua!

earthquake in porirua!

Old May 2nd 2008, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all
Default earthquake in porirua!

was up with the little one about 3am and felt the bed shake 3 times (no it wasn't loz farting) so checked just now and it was an earthquake...how cool my first one!!

Reference Number: 2902957
NZST: Sat, May 3 2008 3:12 am
Magnitude: 4.0
Depth: 30 km
Details: 10 km west of Porirua
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:54 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: earthquake in porirua!

And I still haven't felt one! :curse: Actually that probably is a good thing. That's getting quite close for comfort eh?...
Old May 3rd 2008, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

Typical! I have been here nearly 18mths and still not felt one.

Hows the little ones Stas? Are they any better? I take it you did not get a good nights sleep?
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:39 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stasia
was up with the little one about 3am and felt the bed shake 3 times (no it wasn't loz farting) so checked just now and it was an earthquake...how cool my first one!!

It woke me!! I wondered what the hell was going on but soon realised and went straight back to sleep
Old May 3rd 2008, 7:24 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
It woke me!! I wondered what the hell was going on but soon realised and went straight back to sleep
It woke hubby. He did the same thing when he realised what was happening.
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kerry W
Typical! I have been here nearly 18mths and still not felt one.

Hows the little ones Stas? Are they any better? I take it you did not get a good nights sleep?

hey hun, nope Roan was up most of the night again but he's much better today thanks babe, it's loz now who's complaining he's ill...so now after 4 nights of no sleep now have to put up with man flu!!

earthquake was cool though worth staying up for...shall we go do the shaky house in te papa so you don't feel left out!! x
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
me too. It certainly woke me. I occasionaly jump out of the bed, but last night I seemed to be stuck/was not able to move myself at all, however (principally) I am so used to this unlike many others here. went straight back to sleep Nonetheless I'm always frightened of a BIG earthquake in Welly
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

hey hun, nope Roan was up most of the night again but he's much better today thanks babe, it's loz now who's complaining he's ill...so now after 4 nights of no sleep now have to put up with man flu!!

earthquake was cool though worth staying up for...shall we go do the shaky house in te papa so you don't feel left out!! x
OH NO!! You poor thing. You are going to need a weeks holiday for playing nurse! Hope they all get well soon.

Lol, did the Te Papa thing last week, still pretty scary when you read all the info in there. You tend to forget about earthquakes.!!
Old May 4th 2008, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

i think it shows that you've reallly acclimitised when an earthquake wakes you up then you go stright back to sleep!!
Old May 4th 2008, 11:14 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Thats not an earthquake, this is
http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/.../quake-02.html

or for more recent (also appearing at Te Papa)
http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/.../quake-10.html
Old May 5th 2008, 1:03 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Did the earthquake in Porirua cause $1m worth of improvements?

(sorry, old joke and not that funny)
Old May 5th 2008, 1:33 am
Maz

Originally Posted by RobClubley

Funny you should say that...
Old May 5th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

No, but its probably accurate!

Just been up to survey the damage, the Warehouse looks like a bomb has hit it, so no change there then
Old May 6th 2008, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

No, I think thats actually quite funny! Titahi Bay could do with an earthquake - beautiful geographic area, mostly filled with dross state housing.
Can you imagine a lovely seaside resort,bay and beach in Europe, half hour from the capital, filled with such crap?
Old May 6th 2008, 12:18 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

i hate earthquakes. scared to death of them. They serve no earthy purpose. I rank earthquakes alongside cockroaches, snakes, rats and wrestling tv shows. They can all go into the black hole of "things i hate and would like to see disappear".

ps titahi bay was out in the middle of the wops when it was built Only now are people realising quite how close it is to Wellington. I quite like the bay. It's getting there that i have a problem with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.