Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:13 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

bugger
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

we are doing great thanks Perse
of to Disney land next week so very excited lol
will be nice to get away for a few weeks into the sun

apart from the obvious how are you doing
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Thanks CC. That's the one I called another little baby one in my last post... All relative I suppose, it did come just after the 6.
My heart goes out to all those effected in this quake. don't know how you guys can cope with ongoing quakes... and Sue - I do think of you - wondered you are all right...good to hear from you anyway. its so scary isn't it. .. Hang in there please take care of yourself.

gonna visit home (Welly) next month... scary scary...

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 13th 2011 at 3:28 am.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

mrsmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/...nt_quakes.html

feel for you all down there (Im on Hibiscus Coast) don't think nature has finished with Christchurch yet - so much for the expert predictions of no more quakes over 5 for a while! Still what do they know? Stay strong people - your nerves must be in tatters
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:36 am
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of

bugger, are these things ever going to stop. Thought our TV was going to go this last time & had a couple of pics. fall over, & that's down here in Ashburton. Take care all you guys up in Christchurch thinking of you all.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:41 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
we are doing great thanks Perse
of to Disney land next week so very excited lol
will be nice to get away for a few weeks into the sun

apart from the obvious how are you doing
Originally Posted by crap coffee
My heart goes out to all those effected in this quake. don't know how you guys can cope with ongoing quakes... and Sue - I do think of you - wondered you are all right...good to hear from you anyway. its so scary isn't it. .. Hang in there please take care of yourself.

gonna visit home (Welly) next month... scary scary...
Thanks!
I'm ok though a little on edge at the moment due to this afternoon's events. Our house is fine, there's been no real damage.
Just wish someone could tell us that there won't be anymore bigger ones It is the unpredictability that I find as stressful as the actual quakes themselves. Unfortunately geologists can only suggest probabilities rather than predictions and that's as good as it gets for now.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Imagine all those poor people who after the first and second one filed with EQC and where waiting for assessment/reassessment or payout, now back to square one and no guarantees this time either.

'Heaps' of after shocks, having to lift up my tea cup to stop it spilling.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ok today has been really stressful, daughter still up on Mount Pleasant helping to evacuate Mount Pleasant School, son in law on lock down at the prison (officer not inmate) Grandchildren and husband safely home with me although the children are yet again freaked out by it all. THey came in such quick succession, we are fine out here in Rangiora, still have all our amenities, house really shook and I did have to run out into the garden, usually I sit in a chair and wait for them to pass!!! Mother Nature really needs to go to Anger Management classes! Hope everyone in this area is fine, there has been yet more liquifaction and damage again. Stay safe people!
Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:15 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Bugger and balls!

going to have to take the chimney down now!

Stay safe everyone..
Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

1pm earthquake, computer screen fell to the floor and smashed. Several ornaments and pictures fell to the floor. One wine glass fell and smashed, another just jumped to a shelf below ! 2nd quake (6.0) freestanding shelving rack fell forward, clock and ornaments now on floor. I picked them all up but one ornament broken. Two drawer filing cabinet thrown from the two drawer filing cabinet it sits on. It's now positioned on the floor. CD rack on floor and staying there, if I pick it up it will go over in the next shake. Draws in the chest of drawers all openend, no big deal just looked creepy. Bedside table lamps knocked over. My toilet won't flush. Tap water pressure very low.
I live in Linwood. Have you seen the news bulletin that comes from Linwood today ?

Last edited by Debbie2NZ; Jun 13th 2011 at 5:42 am. Reason: Just thought of something
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all ok down there. Can't get hold of husband Kevin or my two boys, Sam and Jack .
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:25 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64
Hope all ok down there. Can't get hold of husband Kevin or my two boys, Sam and Jack .
Try not to worry Chippy. Is there anything I can do to help?
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

GreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chippy64
Feel for all you guys there. My parents have lived in ChCh since 1967. They have been through hell mentally the last few months.

We were supposed to have a big family gathering (30+ people from all over) for Dad's 70th birthday in late March and the big earthquake struck a few days beforehand so that had to be cancelled.

My wife and I decided to get them over here for a holiday to get away from all the aftershocks. They are supposed to fly over to Sydney tomorrow morning from ChCh so hopefully that will happen (they are with Air NZ). I think my Mum thought she was going to die today - her text message after the second quake today was very panicky and she told me where their will was in case things "got worse". Sometimes feel pretty helpless over here :-(.

I wish Mother Nature would leave the world alone for awhile. Australasia has been burnt, flooded, shaken and now farted upon by volcanic ash the last couple of years....
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everyone is okay in Chch and surrounding areas. Thinking of you all.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:57 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

I have water again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.