Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
I've lived in the Waikato for 50 years, and in all that time, I've felt one minor earthquake.

You can see why here, if you live along the pink line you have to expect the odd shake up.

Not sure if Australia would be that reassuring either given the floods and fires .
Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:47 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Originally Posted by Charismatic

You can see why here, if you live along the pink line you have to expect the odd shake up.
That graph is quite interesting because it shows very few in Christchurch. I think it was totally unexpected to have one of that magnitude there. I guess we should point out to overseas readers that the great majority of the dots on that graph aren't even felt.

Last edited by waikatoguy; Jul 11th 2011 at 4:22 am.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Snazishaz
Ok so i like the fact there is some light hearted humour here, but trust me living in christchurch aint no laughing matter.
This thread was started 10 months before the 1st big Xch quake. It was for rumbles only. At the time of the quakes there was a separate sub-forum created however , after a few weeks , the consensus from the users here & that included many & most from Christchurch was that it was time to let it go and move on.

Many of us are very well aware about what went down in Xch & about the ongoing difficulties . We do hear about it regularly & know it's no laughing matter but as my kiwi friend said to us a week or so back , they need humour to get them through. They can't leave & wouldn't even if they could.

As you say , it is a great shame that you, like so many, feel the time comes when you need to leave. All good wishes for where you move on to next.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Originally Posted by BEVS
about the ongoing difficulties.
So you know about the cruel experiments in sleep deprivation and let it happen?

I saw a filum once where they used hydrogen bombs under the ground to fuse two plates together, how could it not work if I saw it on the TV?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:37 am
`

So you know about the cruel experiments in sleep deprivation and let it happen?

I saw a filum once
You sound like my Mum.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:35 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

A long, long time ago when I was a child and I used to watch documentaries about volcanic zones and earthquake prone areas, I used to think to myself why would anyone live in a place like that and now we're desperately trying to get there

Natural disasters are the scariest things IMO, it's the total lack of control of the whole thing that's really scary.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:22 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Angry Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Ahhh...the traditional Christchurch wakeup quake preparing us for another day in paradise . So much for that Ken Ring moon man on the telly saying that they would decrease in intensity .
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of

Ahhh...the traditional Christchurch wakeup quake preparing us for another day in paradise . So much for that Ken Ring moon man on the telly saying that they would decrease in intensity .
Feel for you! Take care kia kaha! xx
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:51 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain
Feel for you! Take care kia kaha! xx
We'll soldier on, grumpy as ever . Why is it dreams always get interrupted when they are best parts?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 11:15 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

We'll soldier on, grumpy as ever . Why is it dreams always get interrupted when they are best parts?
Tell us more, who were you 'with'

Would have preferred it two hours laterAt least it was one of the rolling varieties rather than the 'train just hit the house over and over again' types. It was from out past Rolleston I believe.

Last edited by Persephone; Jul 22nd 2011 at 11:19 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 11:24 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Persephone
Tell us more, who were you 'with'
I don't know, I hadn't got to the best part yet .
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 6:46 am
`

. So much for that Ken Ring moon man on the telly saying that they would decrease in intensity .
He meant anything less than 12 and a 1/2
Old Jul 24th 2011, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

My desk and monitor were swaying a bit in Wellington CBD a couple of weeks back.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:25 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Wink Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
My desk and monitor were swaying a bit in Wellington CBD a couple of weeks back.
Building up for the BIG ONE!
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Building up for the BIG ONE!
We're all doomed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.