Earthquake Alert

Old Sep 7th 2010, 8:42 am
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Earthquake Alert

We flew out of Christchurch 2 days after the quake happened. We were only there 4 days but when we were there I did say to OH "did you feel that?" and ofcourse he said No, but I can't help thinking now that I did feel something very small Not that that matters now and our thoughts are going out to all that went through it big time.

Also heard today about the 2 in Hawkes Bay and Wellington and our thoughts and prayers are with them also.

Must have been horrible.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

drrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nice

Originally Posted by gags
We flew out of Christchurch 2 days after the quake happened. We were only there 4 days but when we were there I did say to OH "did you feel that?" and ofcourse he said No, but I can't help thinking now that I did feel something very small Not that that matters now and our thoughts are going out to all that went through it big time.

Also heard today about the 2 in Hawkes Bay and Wellington and our thoughts and prayers are with them also.

Must have been horrible.
Didn't feel anything here in Wellington today. Quakes in the 4-5 range are commonplace in most of NZ, and aren't generally associated with damage or injury. Save your prayers for the Cantabrians, or for wherever the next large quake (>6.5) hits!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/...nt_quakes.html
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:15 pm
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big one this morning

Just hear there's been another large jolt in Christchurch at 8 this morning, hope everyone's ok.

http://www.starcanterbury.co.nz/loca...quake/3921359/

When will this all stop?

Last edited by Expat Kiwi; Sep 7th 2010 at 9:17 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Big one this morning

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Just hear there's been another large jolt in Christchurch at 8 this morning, hope everyone's ok.

When will this all stop?
It was a 6.1 - thats pretty big
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:45 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi

When will this all stop?
I can only imagine the psycological toll this must now be taking on everyone in the region? The sleep deprivation alone would be an immense strain, but the constant aftershocks of quite significant size and the not knowing if there's another one round the corner must be absolutely awful. I know we all keep saying it, but honestly my thoughts are with you, big hugs to you all.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I can only imagine the psycological toll this must now be taking on everyone in the region? The sleep deprivation alone would be an immense strain, but the constant aftershocks of quite significant size and the not knowing if there's another one round the corner must be absolutely awful. I know we all keep saying it, but honestly my thoughts are with you, big hugs to you all.
I must admit i am a little weary....
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dustybin
I must admit i am a little weary....
Bless ...
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

More FM announced it was a new quake not an aftershock centred around Lyttleton area. Just had another movement out here in Rangiora about 10 mins ago. Like you say psychologically it is taking its toll!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by shirl
More FM announced it was a new quake not an aftershock centred around Lyttleton area. Just had another movement out here in Rangiora about 10 mins ago. Like you say psychologically it is taking its toll!
Oh dear.

I would encourage those of you that can to have a look at Neil's invitation to a BBQ for those of you in ChCh. Perhaps getting together to share your experiences and feelings might help in some way.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Well poo ! I was rather hoping that there would be no more of this for you all.

My best wishes to you all in the Canterbury region during this terrifying time. Stay safe.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
My best wishes to you all in the Canterbury region during this terrifying time. Stay safe.
Mine too.
I just heard on RadioNZ that 20 stress counsellors are flying in and I had to laugh....20 for a stressed out population of how many? I think if it happened in Wellington with similar infrastructure damage, I'd leave the country as soon as I could (but I can psychologically reassure myself with that as not here permanently like most others).

I keep imagining the roads in Wellington are shaking as I am driving round...well possibly they are!

Yours vicariously stressed out
Luvwelly
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Here we go again...that ground just won't stop bloody rumbling good luck guys especially if you have little ones/pets & if your on your own & if your not!the nights have become very scary
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:48 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tray
Here we go again...that ground just won't stop bloody rumbling good luck guys especially if you have little ones/pets & if your on your own & if your not!the nights have become very scary
The Kiwis at work laughed at me but I am still sleeping in the spare room (the only one with no floor above it) and the wee one sleeping beside me - under the table!!! It's the only way I can get any rest altho last night was the first night that I've slept through - got woken up by the big one this morning - serves me right for switching off the alarm and trying to get a sleep in!

Getting very very tiresome now - lack of sleep and constant vertigo, can hardly tell if the ground is rumbling or if it's just my imagination!!! Heard a song on the radio on the way to work this morning that I'd not heard since before the quake and found myself getting all teary. S'pose we can all expect to crash and burn a wee bit over the coming days and weeks!
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:49 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, hope you're in one piece. Thanks Bevs for the message - we are touched

We came through OK, but the house lost the chimney which fell onto our roof - narrowly missing our bedroom where Ton and I were lying in bed sh*tting ourselves. It's put a hole in the roof but didn't fall through. We've some cracked glass, and some cracks in the walls, but have come off much lighter than many.

Frickin' aftershocks won't give up though, and have us - like many others - on edge the whole time and not keen to go to bed.

Harry is doing great - been so busy have not had a chance to update the blog but will do so in the next few days.

We hope all out Canty BEP friends have come through OK, and are here to offer a helping hand or a bed if you need it - just yell.

Cheers

Us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.