Earthquake Alert

Old Sep 11th 2010, 8:03 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake Alert

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi All

"whispers"...........quiet day today - nothing since 9.00am

nerves are still shot to pieces, especially at night. Tiredness starting to effect most cognitive processing - went to supermarket the other day, shelves pretty empty but stuff available and I couldn't decide what I needed, even though I had a list in front of me

our school is one of 4-5 with significant damage - all 650 pupils being relocated for the last 8 days of term - rumours suggesting that it may need to be re-built. Very sad as the community is very fond and proud of the school - it's mascot - a very large, old oak tree has had to come down and it's quite symbolic really!

trying to settle back into some sense of normality, and I'm sure all will ease with time - we still consider ourselves amazingly lucky.
Know what you mean! Woken up again last night at about 5.30am by an aftershock And I am normally a very heavy sleeper, just feel like I am in a daydream most of the time. Anyway today was good so heres hoping it's starting to fizzle out or at least give us a bit of a break before starting again Must admit the lack of a good night's sleep is the main issue now. Again I do feel very lucky that we had no damage apart from the ornaments which are irrelevant compared to what some people are going through.

Been looking at the quake map from the uni, quite impressive!
http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/
Old Sep 11th 2010, 9:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone

Jeezus Wept! It's been nonstop! Sorry but I just assumed it was one or two wobbles a day since Saturday. Had no idea it's been that continuous Apologies for the ignorance.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Auskiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a shocker isn't it, over 400 aftershocks!! I have had friends update me constantly, I'm a mess thinking about it...
Old Sep 11th 2010, 10:35 pm
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Rumble rumble rumble...although in the square yesterday the sun was shining, the gulls were pestering tourists, hefty jeff was swallowing swords and...........THE TRAMS WERE RUNNING!!!

Almost as if the ground had never moved.

We are escaping today for a wee roadtrip - had been planning it for this weekend but not been able to concentrate and seem to have lost the ability to make decisions so nowt booked...but think we'll just drive and try our luck lol - will take proof of address in case we need to explain our jitters and vacant stares - or my child's tendency to leap under tables whenever a truck drives past!!!
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Walking home from the beach today i came across a new unfurling silver fern frond, which symbolizes new life,growth,strength & peace. Spring is here The Koru in maori means bright,Tray
Attached Thumbnails Earthquake Alert-dscf7429.jpg  
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tray
Walking home from the beach today i came across a new unfurling silver fern frond, which symbolizes new life,growth,strength & peace. Spring is here The Koru in maori means bright,Tray

How lovely and what a fitting thing to find just now. Gives a sense of hope somehow eh!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Know what you mean! Woken up again last night at about 5.30am by an aftershock And I am normally a very heavy sleeper, just feel like I am in a daydream most of the time. Anyway today was good so heres hoping it's starting to fizzle out or at least give us a bit of a break before starting again Must admit the lack of a good night's sleep is the main issue now. Again I do feel very lucky that we had no damage apart from the ornaments which are irrelevant compared to what some people are going through.

Fantastic link, thanks for that - now circulating around work in Qld emergency services