Earthquake Alert

Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Earthquake Alert

Originally Posted by Tray
Hi Bev,
yes i know that Jan & Neil share an e-mail address, they always give whos replied away by signing their name at the end!!!!!Tray
Maybe with an email to you they do, but not necessarily with their BE posts ... hence my quip of a post . Which is all it was.
To keep the thread clear, I'll PM with you.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Hey all is good no one was offended, i'm moving on now
Old Sep 8th 2010, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Jan here

Uni is gradually re-opening, but still some clearing up to do.

Neil says Lyttleton port is cracked, but it's still operational.

Apparently, this was a one in seven hundred and fifty year event.

Just our luck eh

Jan
Old Sep 9th 2010, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jan,
Yes i heard this statistic on the radio...what does it meanis it referring to where the quake hit or the magnitude & the fact there were no lives lost? Thanks for the geonet link i've been looking at it during the last week & have stuck it on my fb today which you will see now your're on there too! Good luck to you both with the clean up,Tray
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

drrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tray
Hi Jan,
Yes i heard this statistic on the radio...what does it meanis it referring to where the quake hit or the magnitude & the fact there were no lives lost? Thanks for the geonet link i've been looking at it during the last week & have stuck it on my fb today which you will see now your're on there too! Good luck to you both with the clean up,Tray
The one in x years statistics are generally unhelpful. They probably mean 1 in 750 year chance of an earthquake of that magnitude on that type of fault, in such close proximity to the city. There could still be a higher chance of a large alpine fault or offshore quake, either of which could be equally destructive.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drrobert
The one in x years statistics are generally unhelpful. They probably mean 1 in 750 year chance of an earthquake of that magnitude on that type of fault, in such close proximity to the city. There could still be a higher chance of a large alpine fault or offshore quake, either of which could be equally destructive.
agreed
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

It states on Dominion Post there was a 5.3 quake in Hawkes bay today!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 6:58 am
`

Yep. The land is still shaking and quaking. It's still rocking and rolling.

I just hope & wish there is no more misery for all the folks in the thick of it & the land re-aligns itself all comfy like and settles down for a long snooze real soon.

If there is anyone of you down Christchurch way . Any one of you at all,
( and it don't matter whether you've liked me mod technique or not . That's not important. )
who are right at the end of your tether and feel you just like to get away for a couple of days. Just to sleep a bit without one eye open and one ear cocked . Just to feel safe for a wee while. Just to gird your loins a little. Just to recharge the batteries. You are welcome to come up here and stay a few days. We have two bedrooms up here. One has a double bed. The other a double bed settee. Just all bunk in together and share.
Lemme know via PM. I mean that.

edited...
we are outside of Nelson in Mapua. 4/5 hour drive or a quickie flight.
If a flight, I'd come get ya.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 10th 2010 at 7:06 am.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

I just hope & wish there is no more misery for all the folks in the thick of it & the land re-aligns itself all comfy like and settles down for a long snooze real soon.

( and it don't matter whether you've liked me mod technique or not . That's not important. )
who are right at the end of your tether and feel you just like to get away for a couple of days. Just to sleep a bit without one eye open and one ear cocked . Just to feel safe for a wee while. Just to gird your loins a little. Just to recharge the batteries. You are welcome to come up here and stay a few days. We have two bedrooms up here. One has a double bed. The other a double bed settee. Just all bunk in together and share.

edited...
A tart with a heart, what more could you want Hope you get some visitors. Some of these guys need a nice few days away, lovely offer hon.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

That's such a lovely offer Bevs I hope people do take you up on it. I've been reading TVNZ news everyday and it has been so difficult for people and TBH unless you are in that situation you can't imagine how these people feel. The offer of a few days away from it all is a lovely thing to do xx
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:28 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

who are right at the end of your tether and feel you just like to get away for a couple of days. Just to sleep a bit without one eye open and one ear cocked . Just to feel safe for a wee while. Just to gird your loins a little. Just to recharge the batteries. .
BEVS you are aof the highest degree. Yes the land is definitely still shaking, managed to pick up 7 today and then I check on geonet as sometimes I feel the earth moving but can't be sure. Vestibular system shot to pieces or maybe small tremor, who knows!! You've managed to say in words just what I'd love at the moment, a relaxing undisturbed night. Unfortunately the quake coincided with me agreeing to work 11 days in a row and most of them getting on for 12 hr days. Beggars can't be choosers but bloody hell, bad timing!!

Anyway would love to meet up and take you up on the offer but once I finish work we'll be off to Rarotonga so hopefully escape it all for a few days and have a calm relaxing break. Good timing as far as the holiday is concerned. Knowing our luck there'll be a tsunami...I think just getting away and having a good nights sleep would do both of us the world of good, roll on the Cook Islands Mr S still jumpy and tired as well, he ran out of the shower earlier when a car drove up the driveway next to us

Thank you so much for such a kind offer Sending you karma, need to spread it around...

Last edited by Persephone; Sep 10th 2010 at 10:44 am.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:46 am
`

Originally Posted by Persephone
r but once I finish work we'll be off to Rarotonga so hopefully escape it all for a few days and have a calm relaxing break. .
Rarotonga. You'll love it.

BTW Rarotonga wouldn't get a Tsunami as such coz of the way the lagoon and the reef are. They'll tell you why that is when you are there.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

edited...
Old Sep 11th 2010, 2:20 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering what the latest is on the aftershocks and how you folk are doing down there?
Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

"whispers"...........quiet day today - nothing since 9.00am

nerves are still shot to pieces, especially at night. Tiredness starting to effect most cognitive processing - went to supermarket the other day, shelves pretty empty but stuff available and I couldn't decide what I needed, even though I had a list in front of me

our school is one of 4-5 with significant damage - all 650 pupils being relocated for the last 8 days of term - rumours suggesting that it may need to be re-built. Very sad as the community is very fond and proud of the school - it's mascot - a very large, old oak tree has had to come down and it's quite symbolic really!

trying to settle back into some sense of normality, and I'm sure all will ease with time - we still consider ourselves amazingly lucky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.