Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Earthquake....again!

Earthquake....again!

Old Aug 16th 2013, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake....again!

I was thinking of you all when we saw the news this morning.

I hope things are calming down now and that some of you are managing to sleep a bit. Having lived in a house that was subjected twice a week to blasting shocks and tremors from nearby mining operations I have a vague idea of what a teeny tremor feels like. To think of it being equivalent to a force 6 or more and repeated aftershocks when you have no idea when or whether they're coming is really scary.

Stay safe everyone - deep breaths and I love the idea of gin from a tippy cup. That's coping with style that is
Old Aug 16th 2013, 2:41 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everyone is safe and well and hope you've not had any damage to your houses.
Aftershocks are a pain in the arse, I found them more annoying and stressful than the main ones as you never get any respite or know when they'll finally settle down I do feel for you all having to go through this.

All the best people and stay safe
P xx
Old Aug 16th 2013, 2:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Well one can't say that New Zealand is dull that's for sure.

Must be really upsetting going through that though, hope everyone is ok and not to badly shaken up.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

To all affected http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thum...-You-Intro.jpg
Old Aug 16th 2013, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everybody is well and that the earth will settle soon!!
Old Aug 16th 2013, 8:18 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning everyone. Quiet night, no major wobbles thank goodness!
Old Aug 16th 2013, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Good morning everyone. Quiet night, no major wobbles thank goodness!
I actually slept fantastically well.... reckon I was shattered from the stress and worry...
Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:03 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as well as having to contend with the after shocks, MrF cooked the tea, early just in case power went out, and managed to poison me
Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:24 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
as well as having to contend with the after shocks, MrF cooked the tea, early just in case power went out, and managed to poison me
You're not really feeling the love right now, are you ?
Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:48 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

bless him he did it with the best intentions, and it does only seem to be me affected but having only just gotten over the vomit bug think my innards are a bit to sensitive.

on the bright side least its only drizzling and not hacking it down
Old Aug 16th 2013, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Linguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to behold

Hope everyones safe and the quakes settle down ASAP
Old Aug 17th 2013, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the Mall yesterday in Porirua & was shocked to feel it there so strong. I was parked in the middle car park & couldn't get out quick enough. I feel like I have sea legs with the constant movement. To be honest there are many times that I feel the movement, but there is really none there. It has you so on edge I think we can now have a little understanding of what the Christchurch folk have been through, I just hope it settles down sooner.
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:08 am

nerves on edge again. 5.6 17km deep. poor guys in Seddon hope no more damage has occured
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:10 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Was that the one that happened at about 9.03pm ?
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:15 am
JPA
Forum Regular

JPA is an unknown quantity at this point

This one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.