Earthquake

Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:53 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Earthquake

Was there much damage and is everyone ok? they were making out like it was something major on the news earlier on.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:56 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake

OH just said it was estimated it would cost $30 million to put right.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:06 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
Was there much damage and is everyone ok? they were making out like it was something major on the news earlier on.
mention of one lady who sadly died from a heart attack about the same time but no other deaths as far as I am aware - a few buildings badly damged mind.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:25 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Cripes that must've been the biggest one for some time. Hope there's no more of that magnitude.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

It's just been mentioned on the UK news - 6.6 magnitude with serious structural damage' to some buildings in Gisborne.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

all day long I have been thinking of them in gisborne and feel sympathy toward them. wish I could go there to help them out/clean etc if I could. It's sometimes scary the fact that I am in Welly. but I am not conscious (too much) of earthquakes etc unlike others/foreigners do as I have been already here too long

anyhow I won't escape from this place because of such earthquake matter. dont feel it's the right thing to do

good stuff. NO boozing last night but worked till late hence missed the "Karonious party" sorry. and am going to bed at 6.00 a.m

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 21st 2007 at 4:22 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
You know this was really weird.
I mentioned to my ex the other week on the phone that NZ seemingly was getting a lot more earthquakes, albeit, small ones that go mainly unnoticed.
During a chat with my OH the other day, I metioned earthquakes again, for some reason it had been playing on my mind, like I was almost expecting a biggie.
The day it happened, I had been scouring the net, and somehow came across a site about the destruction of NZ by earthquakes. (Dont ask me how I got there!!)
It was written by someone living here, and was of strong Christian faith, and she was quoting the bible and all that, she mentioned Matata, which I have noticed has had quite a few mentions on Xtra home page as having had quite a few minor shakes. Her site made me a bit nervous to be honest, so I quickly logged off.
When OH came in from work, I mentioned this site to him and a bit of what I had read and then said "I keep thinking there is a biggie to come in NZ"...
Bl**dy hell, 2 hours later.........
Today it said there had been a small one in Canterbury.
It is seemingly a daily basis now that they are being mentioned??
Why all of a sudden its almost on Xtra home page with each small quake??

Last edited by Rascal; Dec 22nd 2007 at 12:17 am. Reason: spelling