Wikiposts

dynnif

Old May 1st 2008, 2:51 am
max

dynnif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dynnif

hi there i'm new to this forum thing so pleased to meet you all .
i've been thinking of relocating to new zealand with my family and would like some advice.
i'm a staff nurse and am thiknig of going to northland, but don't want to find myself stuck at airport with nowhere to live are there agencies out there that will help with the whole process such as form filling in and housing. there will be myself, my partner and my 2 children going, oh and 2 dogs.

please can anyone help

Last edited by dynnif; May 1st 2008 at 3:12 am.
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:31 am
Just Joined

balmand2 is just really nicebalmand2 is just really nicebalmand2 is just really nicebalmand2 is just really nicebalmand2 is just really nicebalmand2 is just really nicebalmand2 is just really nicebalmand2 is just really nicebalmand2 is just really nice
Default Re: dynnif

Originally Posted by dynnif
i've been thinking of relocating to new zealand with my family and would like some advice.
i'm a staff nurse and am thiknig of going to northland, but don't want to find myself stuck at airport with nowhere to live are there agencies out there that will help with the whole process such as form filling in and housing. there will be myself, my partner and my 2 children going, oh and 2 dogs.

please can anyone help
Hi We are planning on a move to NZ to. We have never been there & no nothing about the country except most people we have talked to ( that's alot now) love it. What we have been doing it looking on google or yahoo. If I have a question I just ask the question sort of & put .nz after. We even did it to check out food prices. Good luck with the reading, I've never done so much.
Mandy X
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:33 am
max

i feel like i know the place already with all the reading i have done its just a huge step to uproot the whole family am scarred but also looking foward to it. good luck to you
Old May 6th 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dynnif

please can anyone help
Hello there!

The general consensus is don't use an agency - they can be very expensive and you honestly can do the forms yourself. The help and advice you get on here makes it much easier!
If you approach the health board directly, ask them about flights/accomodation/removal expenses. We're going to be getting 2 weeks paid accomodation when we arrive in Dunedin, to give us time to find a rental. I've been in touch via email with a couple of rental agencies already as we've got 5 cats and a dog that we're bringing...
Of course, you could sign up with a nursing agency, but you still have to fill the forms in yourself!! And if you have already made contact with the DHB they won't employ you via an agency anyway.

I've a friend living in Northland and he loves it - he can't understand why we're heading south! What area are you nursing in at the mo?

Shout up if you need anything
Sarah
Old May 8th 2008, 12:37 am
max

hi sarah thanks for the advice it is very helpful.

i am a theatre scrub nurse and currently work in swansea wales. i am thinking of taking a holiday in october to have a look around and visit the hospital schools etc did you do this?
Old May 8th 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough

Now that would have been the sensible thing to do

No, we've never been to NZ - have no idea what it's like other than what we've seen on TV/internet/other people have told us. I can't face the flight for a holiday so it's a case of coming over and hoping for the best!

We have family and friends in Oz as well as some friends in NZ, so at the very least we'll have a long working holiday giving us the opportunity to see the other side of the world - if we don't like it, we'll come back! No point in worrying about it

I've just had an email asking for further information re: our EOI so fingers crossed we should be there when you go for a visit and you'll be welcome for a panad in Dunedin if you're checking out the SI.

Keep me posted!
Sarah