Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

DVD Regional code for NZ

DVD Regional code for NZ

Old May 19th 2006, 2:59 am

taffinkent will become famous soon enough
Default DVD Regional code for NZ

Hi all,

We are trying to get our LG Home Cinema system to work in NZ.
It will play our DVD`s we brought from the UK but will not play any NZ DVD`s. It has asked us for a regional code. I have found where to change the code on the set up menu ( it is set for GB ).
Does anybody know the 4 digit code for NZ so I can re programme it ???

Also our TV can get a good signal but no sound. I have been told this is because of the frequency. But I have been told the sound will work if we install Sky Digital.Is this true?

Many thanks,

Taff and Debs
"We love Southland..........even the rain !!!"
Old May 19th 2006, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

IainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really nice
Default Re: DVD Regional code for NZ

Originally Posted by taffinkent
Hi all,

It will play our DVD`s we brought from the UK but will not play any NZ DVD`s. It has asked us for a regional code. I have found where to change the code on the set up menu ( it is set for GB ).

Also our TV can get a good signal but no sound. I have been told this is because of the frequency. But I have been told the sound will work if we install Sky Digital.Is this true?

Many thanks,

Taff and Debs
NZ uses a different flavour of PAL which is why you don't get any sounds. Assuming your telly/home cinema system has audio inputs, a Sky box would do the job ok, the standard unit kicks out to 2 standard phonos. As for the DVD player - all NZ DVD players are generally cracked to play any region, even the ones bought from the High Street. I'd have thought typing your model number and region coding into Google would supply the answer as to whether your specific model can be changed to region 4.
Old May 19th 2006, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Many thanks,

Taff and Debs
If you find the number to crack it set the regional code to 9, thats multi region and will play DVDs from anywhere.
Old May 19th 2006, 7:36 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
If you find the number to crack it set the regional code to 9, thats multi region and will play DVDs from anywhere.
All the leccy stuff we brought over here was either unsuitable or it broke in the first year. I think maybe our container was fried on the crossing over here, if I could do it all again I would leave electrical stuff behind and just bring the furniture.

Taffinkent hope you get your system up and running ok
Old May 19th 2006, 7:49 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Many thanks,

Taff and Debs
Have a look at www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks for how to enable multi-region on your DVD player. I've got an LG and I downloaded a file, burned it to disc and played it in the player. I got a menu asking me which region I wanted or press 0 for all regions

There are 2 different issues with TVs not working: one is that the broadcast range is different to the UK so you TV might not pick up all the channels and the other is that the sound is modulated differently so you might get pics but no sound. Both can be resolved if you get a cable / satellite / FTA digi-box that connects to the TV via SCART or composite AV.
Old May 19th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Many thanks,

Taff and Debs
Email the manufacturer. They have nothing to lose by giving you the code. Tell them you thought it was multi-zone. This is how I got mine converted to take any DVD. It's only a 4 digit code, but not always available on the net.