dunedin

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:31 am
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dunedin

anyone from dunedin.can only get pics of it,would like more in depth.
has been recommended couple times now.
maybe because im scottish.
thats about all i know about it.
pics look great though
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: dunedin

Originally Posted by eileen35
anyone from dunedin.can only get pics of it,would like more in depth.
has been recommended couple times now.
maybe because im scottish.
thats about all i know about it.
pics look great though
LOL, we have a Dunedin just down the road from us. A Scottish town which we visit occasionally. Has good antique stores and stuff!!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: dunedin

Funny you mentioning Dunedin, as OH employer said that is where we might be going first. We were initially ChCh first but things changed. I went on another thread 'choice of area to live in' and I asked about Dunedin - check it out. Are you moving out there or just thinking about all your options. We go the end of the month :scared: .
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Maz1
Funny you mentioning Dunedin, as OH employer said that is where we might be going first. We were initially ChCh first but things changed. I went on another thread 'choice of area to live in' and I asked about Dunedin - check it out. Are you moving out there or just thinking about all your options. We go the end of the month :scared: .
hi there,
we are hoping to move to new zealand maybe sept or oct. but cant decide where
all depends on where hubby can get work really.
hes not in skilled migrant category.
but we do have plenty time suppose to check it all out.
so is it dunedin your off to at the end of the month?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eileen35
hi there,
we are hoping to move to new zealand maybe sept or oct. but cant decide where
all depends on where hubby can get work really.
hes not in skilled migrant category.
but we do have plenty time suppose to check it all out.
so is it dunedin your off to at the end of the month?
Well it was mentioned, originally it was ChCh but they seem to think Dunedin will be our first port of call. Got our visas this morning, OH got a job to go to.They want us out there late Nov. but cant see us getting there until maybe the first week in Dec. Quick when I think that we only applied mid Sept. We did originally wanted to go to Australia, but was not meant to be. Anyway no creepy crawlies in NZ. What does your OH do?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:04 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Well it was mentioned, originally it was ChCh but they seem to think Dunedin will be our first port of call. Got our visas this morning, OH got a job to go to.They want us out there late Nov. but cant see us getting there until maybe the first week in Dec. Quick when I think that we only applied mid Sept. We did originally wanted to go to Australia, but was not meant to be. Anyway no creepy crawlies in NZ. What does your OH do?
What line of work is your OH in. Mine is a nurse and has applied for Dunedin amonst others but we havnt had a lot coming back our way up to now
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:09 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Some links:
http://www.cityofdunedin.com/city/home.html

Moving to Dunedin

The Brochure also available in CD Rom format

We live in Dunedin and love it. The lifestyle is pretty special here. Everything is very accessible and the city is large enough to have plenty on. Can be cold at times (it is most southerly of NZ main centres), but also tends to be dryer than most places in NZ.

Feel free to pm me if you have specific questions.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:31 am

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

Hi

We were in Dunedin last weekend where we met up with some friends from the UK who will be moving over next year.
I have enclosed some photos of the city centre and a beach ( St Kilda) which is only 5 minutes from the centre.
We liked Dunedin, especially the little bars in the city centre.

Very friendly place.

Taff
Attached Thumbnails dunedin-dunedin-city-centre-east-.jpg   dunedin-dunedin-city-centre-north-.jpg   dunedin-dunedin-city-centre-south-.jpg   dunedin-view-dunedin-st-kilda.jpg   dunedin-waves-st-kilda.jpg  

Last edited by taffinkent; Nov 3rd 2006 at 2:35 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by taffinkent
Hi

We were in Dunedin last weekend where we met up with some friends from the UK who will be moving over next year.
I have enclosed some photos of the city centre and a beach ( St Kilda) which is only 5 minutes from the centre.

Very friendly place.

Taff
thanx for the pics
it does look lovely too,but actually everywhere we,ve looked looks lovely.
thats why we cant decide
and someone today said have look at north shore,im not sure but is that auckland?
funny enough aucklands the place we,re not too keen on ,just because the size. the place itself looks great.
think maybe just too big for me.
colins job is external wall insulator,hes also learning interior plastering at moment. so thats why we have to look at cooler places.
originally i wanted to go to napier .
anyway we,re not planning selling up here until maybe june july.
gives me loads time to keep chopping and changing.
well since its friday i,ll have one of them they look good
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:35 pm
ex corrections officer

Puppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to all

Originally Posted by taffinkent
Hi

Very friendly place.

Taff
great weekend! yes the bars were great also had a fantastic ten days, couldn't open the photos taff! glad i found them here but there are a couple missing??
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:36 am

Hi Steve,

Thought I would send you the photos via "Expats" .

Hope they bring some good memories and give you something to look forward to when the drab UK winter kicks in.

Here`s the first lot..................... Taff
Attached Thumbnails dunedin-steve-teresa-dunedin.jpg   dunedin-taff-steve-milton.jpg   dunedin-milton-main-street-north-.jpg   dunedin-milton-main-street-south-.jpg   dunedin-steve-debs-teresa-milton.jpg  

Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:40 am

and more.....................
Attached Thumbnails dunedin-catlins-waterfall.jpg   dunedin-taff-st-kilda.jpg   dunedin-view-dunedin-st-kilda.jpg   dunedin-debs-st-kilda.jpg   dunedin-balcutha-bridge.jpg  

Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:46 am

and finally.................

It was a great weekend and my kidneys have finally recovered !! :scared:

Hope all is well with the EOI and ITA.

Take care

Taff and "Dibs"

PS Enjoying the rugby.......especially Irish and Welsh results!!

Argentina !!! Argentina !!! ho ho
Attached Thumbnails dunedin-balcutha-river.jpg   dunedin-curio-bay-catlins.jpg   dunedin-robbie-burns-statue-octogan.jpg   dunedin-view-new-milton-prison.jpg   dunedin-countryside-view-catlins-.jpg  

Last edited by taffinkent; Nov 14th 2006 at 3:49 am.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:01 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyway no creepy crawlies in NZ.
Except the whitetails.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mazi
Except the whitetails.

They're not in the same league as Black Widows though.... are they? :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.