Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Dumb Question...don't shoot me ;)

Dumb Question...don't shoot me ;)

Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:14 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Dumb Question...don't shoot me ;)

Looking on the NZ site - did the points scoring again - scored 105!

Question thought - (been arguing with the other half) - I ticked the box for recognised basic qualification -thus gaining more points.

I have done a Pitmans Diploma for PA/Business Skills - so I have re-checked the NZ site and it says Diploma - other half think they may mean post grad - but no defo says it.

Anyone want to help and break up this arguement please do :scared:

G
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:26 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dumb Question...don't shoot me ;)

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Nah. Your on your own

fight, fight, fight.........
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:26 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously though I have no idea.

What is a Pitmans Diploma?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:28 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Nah. Your on your own

On your conscience be it - Andy will get hurt if this does't get resolved :scared:
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:31 pm
Banned

Seriously though I have no idea.

What is a Pitmans Diploma?
Pitmans are a secretarial/business training centre. Did a Personal assistant Diploma there few years ago
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:48 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Question thought - (been arguing with the other half) - I ticked the box for recognised basic qualification -thus gaining more points.

I have done a Pitmans Diploma for PA/Business Skills - so I have re-checked the NZ site and it says Diploma - other half think they may mean post grad - but no defo says it.

G
Hi Georgie,

I had the option of seeing if my UK qualification would be recognised in NZ, not for points, but for job applications.

You can use www.nzqa.govt.nz who will compare with NZ based recognised qualifications but you have to pay and I think it's quite expensive.

Try www.workingin-newzealand.com

I ended up emailing the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand and asking them direct and got the most helpful information - all for free - always a bonus!!!

Maybe google to see if there's anything similiar for PA/Secretarial and contact them direct?!

Lools
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 9:31 pm

Driver695 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah. Your on your own

Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:19 am
Banned

G
You get any joy with this or what?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:06 am
Banned

You get any joy with this or what?
You bumping my thread up ??? Ahhhh you must me

But no - never knew for sure- but have submitted EOI with the PA Diploma on - so if anyone does know for sure let me know

Last edited by andy&georgina; Feb 24th 2007 at 10:08 am.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:01 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

NZQA is just a money making racket as all UK examination boards exceed those here .We submitted our city and guilds for a fee of course as you expect here nothing was free only to be told we had to get City and Guilds of London to confirm to them we had actually done the exams ,more money for that.I love NZ but still regard it as a country not quite up to our standards but acceptable to emigrate to for a more laid back lifestyle.I just dont like them questioning my qualifications then advertising for my trade to come here as there is a skills shortage in that area.I am here now after a lot of expense although I feel I was ripped off initially I am glad I went through with it .I just wish the UK would get tougher with all the scum that are able to worm their way into a freebie life that they seem to get there.I do not miss the UK one bit and have no intentions of going back to a land that thinks more of asylum seekers and illegal immigrants than the peoiple born there who contribute to all the services provided there .NZ is the place for me now all the expense and hassle are over.Just my opinion not that of others.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

G
Soz Georgina but I think OH is right. It isn't a nationally recognised certificate such as GCSE, HNC, pgcert or pgdip, its a trade qualification. I have a post grad certificate in my field and failed to meet the criteria but told me when I had passed my post grad diploma I would meet...the pgcert took 3 years at Uni to do. I wouldn't bank on the extra points is what I am trying to say.
Debbie